Gunk in your GB/AR? Try this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
swenson45,
On the Strider AR cutting your knife in half, yes it is possible. I know this because a good friend of mine (who is also a knifemaker) made a knife of S30V and we chopped another knife in half that he also made and it was made of A2 steel and was heat treated properly. That S30V is some bad stuff! I would have never believed it myself if I hadn't been there. Also there was an article in a knife magazine not long ago showing maker Rob Simonich cutting a piece of steel in half with one of his fixed blades made from S30V. So, it is possible to chop another knife in half with a Strider AR, especially one in S30V. I believe I also remember hearing about the Strider guys chopping a leg off a table at one of the Blade Shows a few years back. Someone tell us that story :)
michael

This guy so obviously has an agenda. I got news for you dumbass: whoever you work for, Strider makes 10 times the knife you do. If it's still unclear, your "lock failure" scenario is BS- and no one is buying it. I don't know anyone who has owned a GB or AR that could say they have ever seen a tougher knife. You might disagree, but again- you're a troll with an agenda. I like how you skirted Ryans questions too. You're a sorry sack of sh!t and if you think this is the way to gain respect in the industry you're mistaken. You won't succede in anything but getting a reputation as a prick who's method of getting anywhere involves attempting to belittle the heavy hitters.

swenson, if you could post some of your qualifications and along with those help Mick and Duane re-invent the Strider AR by posting solutions on this problem that has troubled you for so long.
You are right about not seeing a Strider on every GI's LBE/Vest, but do the math, Mick and Duane make X number of knives per month/year, not everyone will have 2 or 3 three hanging off their gear.
I gather it from your posts that either you are in or were in, can you tell us a bit of your military background or is it so clasified you can't even whisper the name of the unit in which you served?
This place is for having a good time and learning, if you think you have found a problem, come back with a solution, not a shitbomb just to stir up this dogpile.
Dean

I am tremendously excited by your post of "watch it gunner!" I am SO scared by that comment, I don't know if I can contain myself. From someone that obviously has NO military experience, I appreciate the suggestion. Seeing as that I am currently looking for my black belt in Malljitsu, I need help from anyone carrying more qualifications than myself. The simple fact is this:
A great design doesn't fail. Guess what, bud. Strider is considered by far more people with higher qualifications than you, to be THE premier tactical folder manufacturer in the world. Emerson makes great factory knives, but NOBODY makes anything in the custom world that can stand on even ground. Enlisted guys may not always be able to afford a custom knife. However, we aren't stupid. Some guys might not know about the structural differences in knives. Being that you are the structural engineer at MIT, you should know the difference provided by Paul Bos and his heat treat that most factory knives don't have. Once informed about the qualitative difference provided by custom knives, enlisted guys tend to go with what works better. Strider is the better solution. I don't make much money, but I, in my enlightened state, choose to save and spend HARD EARNED money on a better product. Our lives depend on it. Again, you wouldn't know about that. Over half of the enlisted guys I fly with own Striders. That's a lot of money for such a tool. But, we, unlike you, know quality when we see it. Fck off, buddy. Go back to the mall.

<B>O.K. I pose a CHALLENGE! Lets see a picture on this forum of a Strider Knives GB or AR actually cutting metal, or another knife. Then I want to see a pic of the edge, then an actual contact photo of the knife strike on the metal. </B>

I contest that the edge will roll over or chip while the knife may be hard enough to cut into another piece of metal that is softer, there will be enough edge damage and subsequent dulling to warrant one of you so called hard core users to have to send your knife back in to get it fixed. I also know most of you wouldn't even dare sharpen your Striders in the field.

Further I have done research and test and evaluations of many knives including the AR from Strider, I know the weakness.

If you chose to belittle me then do so, if you chose to talk about the AR or GB knife design in real terms then lets do so. Carrying your AR or GB around does not mean it is a usefull knife.

I think a lot of you just need to feel justified in your purchase and don't know anything about the knife.

So lets see some proof? Or are you afraid of hurting your knives?
Most of the Strider Knives I've seen are collectors pieces, not users.

Need I remind anyone of the Navy Seal knife tests in 1993 and who fared better there?

Actually, Strider won the "toughness" portion of that trial, dumbass. It was the cost that was prohibitive, along with a bit o politics. Again, you are showing your stupidity.

Once again, I'll ask flat out. Are you the guy that section 8'd out of Marine boot camp? Yes or no? Are you Dennis the Troll? Y/N? If neither, please enlighten us as to your source of expertise.

You tell me.

Its just a knife after all. Sharp on one side, with a pointy end. They have been around since man first made tool with rock. Of course then he made spear. The sharp rock was used to make spear.

Hell I even have a picture of a knife from way B.C. it has a leather cord wrapped around the handle. Its nothing new boys.

I contest further that in any fight you could dream up, I would survive if equiped with
1. M-4 5.56 Rifle
2. Sig .45 or 1911 .45
3. Cheap CRKT Casper Knife
4. Plenty of ammo

See a Strider is not a need its a want and right now a lot of people want. Sometimes I wish they just kept making them for Spec Ops that way real users would have them.

I am just a man, telling the truth and that scares sheeple.

Swenson,
Try answering the questons asked if you are wanting an open dialogue. Who are you, troll?

knifebomber

COST! Thats interesting you bring up a good point. Cost is a major factor with Servicemen and Women, I have spoken to many people passing through that wish they could have a better knife, but have to make do with a CRKT or equilvalent. My point is I see a possible failure point in the AR/GB, I also question the merit of having a knife you can't take apart, in the field. I personally would rather have a fixed blade in a combat situation, and in reality Strider Knives makes knives and I quote "FOR WAR"

Okay jackoff…
Yes I would like to know who did better in the SEAL trials.
I know who got the contract.
But I also own a copy of the so called secret tape.
I know the people who did the test.
And I know what knife was chosen as opposed to being awarded the contract.

How about you?

Now regarding the AR/GB:
1. You’re an idiot.

2. I have attached photos of me bashing my GB into the vice. Note the vice and the knife. Yep, the knife has a phucked edge, but is in working order. Feel free to send me any one of YOUR knives and Ill do the same thing and see what happens.

3. I find it interesting that anything that you (in your huge wisdom) find confusing, you call a design flaw. Earlier you reference an M16, I would like you to name the parts of a Stoner rifle (AR) that can be removed without tools. Make sure to ONLY include parts that require adjustment, such as the pivot on a folder. I have included a photo of our so called ‘flawed’ pivot bolt. I would like you to find me one that is more massive.
True, you cant take it apart with K-Mart tools. That is so that Morons CAN’T take it apart in the field and lose the parts. If you had spent a day in the field, you would know that you don’t take everything apart. The phrase “field serviceable” doesn’t mean you can take it apart.

4. 3M adhesive. We use the adhesive not to hold the pivot bearings in place, but to give them a bit of cushion. I like them to stay in contact with the blade, not rattle around like a bb in a boxcar. Note that if your D shaped bearing pivots, you can push the lock bar past it to the blade and in doing so will not only lock the blade, but bend down an ear of the bearing causing it to no longer pivot.
Then….(when you get back from the field)
You can replace the offending part.
Or not.

5.” Sometimes I wish they just kept making them for Spec Ops that way real users would have them.” I thought no one did?

Lets move on to what an idiot you are.
You come to my house and start talking ****. Not, “hey what about this...”. But simple moronic trash talking. That is rude and offensive.
Everyone has made a mental note as to what a complete jackoff you are.
Why don’t you go bury your face in your pillow and bite down hard.

loser.

m

Attachments

• dscf0101.jpg
    dscf0101.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 597
Originally posted by swenson45
Further I have done research and test and evaluations of many knives including the AR from Strider, I know the weakness.

20 some posts and your a metalurgy god and about to take everyones job at Blade Magazine with the raise of your finger.
:rolleyes:

So lets see some proof? Or are you afraid of hurting your knives? Most of the Strider Knives I've seen are collectors pieces, not users.

Wheres your proof??? With the extensive testing you have done I'd think you would at least have your Kodak Disposable camera handy.

Are you still browsing the net to piece together a military record????
Let me guess, SEAL Team SIX???? DELTA??? Or is it one of those Super Secret Kryptonite Unmetionable Groups that hearing their name will cause me to dissapear from the face of this earth????

BTW EMAIL SENT :D Will I hear anything?

Mick,

Thats what I wanted! Thank you for proving your the best company out there! Stider Knives really are great.

Proof is the real truth.

Thanks again my order is in for a new GB from TAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back