Gunk in your GB/AR? Try this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
<B>Cancelled my order with TAD for the Strider GB </B>
Decided I would not want to contribute to Striders wealth. They are getting fat money from a bunch of ComputerCommandos from what I've seen. Mostly I see pictures of mint condition AR's GB's up against computers SAD VERY SAD.

So I have deceided to continue in my belief that the GB/AR is an inferior knife, with a design flaw.
My friends all are having to send thiers in while my EMERSON CQC-7 2000 and my Commander are still going strong from 1999!!!! Never had to send the knife in and never had the washer cause my liner lock not to engage, nor do I have to have my washers glued on like some f***ed version of an erector set gone bad.

So Mr. Strider call me a ballsack, call your customers "MORONS"
and continue making those super tacticals, maybe I should have posted something all you Strider owners posers can understand...

Hey fellow ballsacks, do you enjoy getting ripped of $350.00 bucks for some folder?

One more thing the pictures of the vise are a lie. Wacking a knife on a vise would cause the marks to appear fresh, silver color marks. The marks on the vise look like they have been there for some time, there is residue in them! They are black. It can be done with a file then just prop your super tactical on top and wammo a thousand more sales.

I for one am sticking to my opinon and will continue to do so.

Until proven worng.

As strange as it may seem, I feel some what indifferent to any comments made by Ryan, he may have jumped the gun alittle but hey who here hasn't?

But to hope someone falls out of a chopper while trying to rescue another human being, risking his life to save others, and by extension steping up when he felt his friends were being slighted, and to be taken to task for doing what we in the military have all signed up to defend <read BILL OF RIGHTS>.

He used his freedom of speech to rant alittle at somebody who most likely came in just to stir the pot. That is his right. So for the most part I dont care too much about alot of anything that was said here in this strangest of threads... But I also feel it needed to be said.

After reading Ira's post I am feeling alittle ashamed of what I said to GigOne... I do care that he has been an asset to this country and to the men he served with...And I to get alittle (alot) hot under the coller when I feel my friends are slighted like I felt and to some degree still feel. But that really does not excuse my tirade... For that I will apolagize to the members of the forum. I however will refrain from that same thought for Mr.GigOne... Simply because he did the same thing he took Ryan to task for and came back to stir the pot. But, Ira in a very eloquent way took him to task far better than I might so I will leave it at that and not bother with Gig's comments....Well other than to laugh.

Good luck with retirement and God bless the rest of the oldtimers who went there and did that. ...

Of course after missing this last trip down memory lane from the aformentioned leader of Ballsacks...

"So I have deceided to continue in my belief that the GB/AR is an inferior knife, with a design flaw."

Swensen you would not know a good knife if you got stabbed with it; so other than to say thank GOD you wont be holding a Strider when they cart you off to the lamea$$es ditch you will most likely end up in, somewhere in the armpit of your backyard, I will bid you faretheewell SHMUCK.

...that Svensen is none other than our favorite sock puppet/resident troll, Dennis 'Swisher' aka TTO? I'm pretty sure it is, and the funny thing is, that numbsack doesn't even own a real knife...lol

Mel, humored again... ;)

swenson45 (Dennis or whoever you are). You have more issues then Time magazine. At this point you are talking to yourself. If you have a convictions then state it, and move on (though its obvious you don't have any). If you don't like Striders, then go away. I'm sure their is enough sheeple in the world for you to find some to say wow, your really smart. Here we think for ourselves, and I at least think you are a child. Find a knife company you like and go bug them. This about sums it up for my opinion.

Originally posted by swenson45
<B>Cancelled my order with TAD for the Strider GB</B>

OH WOW, I'm sure the Stock Market will crumble under your descision.

My friends all are having to send thiers in while my EMERSON CQC-7 2000 and my Commander are still going strong from 1999!!!!

You have friends????:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Since you fail to answer to any of your "military" credentials I think it's a safe bet that you are nothing but a FAKE WANNABE POSER!
:barf:

Thank God swenson45 cancelled his non-existent order with TAD... Otherwise we might have to listen to this guy on and on.

Tempers got a little hot and everyone said things that maybe they wish they hadn't. (At least as far as comments not directed to swenson45 goes :D) Maybe we can drop it and move on?

And swenson45 one thing to keep in mind:
( From the Emerson Site)

Guarantee

Your Emerson knife is guaranteed against defects in material and workmanship and has a limited lifetime warranty, to the original owner. This guarantee is void if the knife has been abused beyond normal wear and tear or used beyond what are considered the normal parameters for a folding knife. For warranty service ship the knife postage paid and insured directly to Emerson knives.

( From the Strider Site)

All Strider Knives carry an unconditional, lifetime guarantee.

In addition, our knives will be resharpened, refinished, and rewrapped as often as needed, at no cost to you other than return shipping.

Now everyone will agree that Emerson makes perfectly fine knives but you must admit that there is a big difference in the guarantees.

Also while you say
My friends all are having to send theirs in
where are they sending them? Mick only got 20 failed units?

Last item swenson45 ... Please post the pictures of your Emerson after performing the same "Vise" test or don't bother posting again.

Thanks

screw Swenson, all show and no go. Where's his proof? Folks who "evaluate" and criticize are NOT afraid of identifying who they are and have an occassional photo as evidence of some history in the knife field. Looking to PURPOSELY cause disruption and making statements as he has made without one iota of supporting evidence clearly establishes he is a TROLL.

No need to feed him, he's a BALLSACK and I invite him to save his calling Mick Strider a "liar" for a face to face with Mr.Strider.

MORE IMPORTANTLY...............FAR MORE

I did not post would I posted to take Gig to task!!!!:eek: :eek: Lord no, the man is hero in my eyes and is in a league of truly Elite gentlemen.

I only tried to trigger his memory to the days when he was as full of sh*t as Ryan [NOT meant in a negative sense, so don't even go there].

Guys like Gig and Ryan are gems. Gig is the perfectly cut gemstone and Ryan is a diamond in the rough. With Iraq waiting in the wings, I want guys like Ryan manning a freaking mini-gun on a helo, displaying the kind of heart the guy has. It's made of gold.

Ira take Gigone to task? Yeah, right............NOT on your life!!!!!
Remember, it is not simply because one has seen lots of firefights and "battles" in their life, but that one is trained, prepared, dedicated and committed to enter the fight to save SOMEONE ELSES' BUTT. Ryan is prepared to die for us and with about six hours left in Gig's 'official" career, he would leave in a heartbeat if called. No, I do not and cannot take MEN like this to task.

Swenson, go away or post your BIO. Talk about Wannabes:rolleyes:

Hello Mr.S45.

This particular WB arrived at my studio mid 2002. I invite you to look carefully at the residue. It's granite.
1aa.jpg

This is the same WB cutting up a file cabinet with its' ruined edge.
2aa.jpg

Personally I have very little respect for the knife's owner, whom obviously had no respect for anything. Yet Strider honored their warranty, took the knife back, and repaired it.
These photos were taken months ago. They're not meant to satisfy your request. Still, 200,000 years from now some archaeorlogists might have the luck digging up that back up disc on Strider forum, and hopefully these few words will help them draw on their own conclusion.

Cheers~

First off, the paranoia about one person using multiple nics should be easily solved by a moderator that has access to the IP addresses.

Secondly,
Cancelled my order with TAD for the Strider GB
Decided I would not want to contribute to Striders wealth. They are getting fat money from a bunch of ComputerCommandos from what I've seen. Mostly I see pictures of mint condition AR's GB's up against computers SAD VERY SAD.
what's up with that? I think it's sad that you feel the need to cock off on this forum. I don't own a Strider, yet despite your apparent accusations, I still want one. Anyhow, by your account (blades w/ computers as a backdrop) the guy who dinged up his WB in the pictures above HAS to be a super demon ninja hero, right?

I'm not trying to be funny. In your post, quoted here...
Mick,

Thats what I wanted! Thank you for proving your the best company out there! Stider Knives really are great.

Proof is the real truth.

Thanks again my order is in for a new GB from TAD!
this comes across as a jockride, big time... yet, a couple days later, you state...
My friends all are having to send thiers in while my EMERSON CQC-7 2000 and my Commander are still going strong from 1999!!!!
(assuming this is true) did they all fail after you decided to order a GB or did the pics that Mick posted somehow cause you to be blinded to this fact.

See, when I smell pussy or ****, I have to jump on it. That's what we have here. I don't even have a dog in this fight (no Strider that I feel I have to be defensive about) but man you sure are talking up one hell of a storm. So I read the posts, you gonna post about what pieces can be removed from an AR without tools.... or your service background that you alluded to? If you didn't allude to any, then why not just bust out and say I WASN'T IN THE MILITARY, TOUGH GUYS. I wasn't in the military either. There, whew. That was a hump to get over. For some reason I don't feel like a whimp because of that, should I?

Can you install a forearm on an AR that will freefloat the barrel with no tools in the field? I don't know! I don't have an AR. For some reason I don't feel undergunned without one. Should I?

What I mean is that it's ok to come and lay **** down like you have had some ephiphany. But to infer that you are one of the tough guys that deserve a strider, but you don't want one because first they can fail, but later because Strider makes too much profit just seems like a loop-de-loop of more crap for crap's sake.

Yeah, I know don't feed the trolls, but again, I when I smell sht, I call it like I see it, then roll around in the warm stench.

I simply feel that there are design draw backs and flaws with having the washers glued on with 3M. I don't see other manufacturers doing this? Chris Reeve for example. In the manufacture and design of everything there are weak points. I happen to point out that having the 3M hold the D shaped washer is a mistake.

After seeing and hearing from Mick Strider I then became more interested in the AR/GB folders so much so I ordered one but after I received e-mail detailing concerns about the very thing I was talking about I decided to cancell an order. I carefully chose my equipment, I expect a $350.00 dollar knife to be a good solid knife, one I can work all day around and in salt water environments and not have to worry if the knife will lock open or be imepded by a washer 3M problem.

Stateing this I believe took guts, all I got in reply was name calling and the statement that I am a ballsack for even suggesting there are flaws or people may have peoblems with the 3M and other facets of the GB/AR design.

<B>In fact I believe that Mr. Strider stateing that the 3M adds cushion??? Is in fact skirting the issue. Why have the 3M there in the fisrt palce how about using a brass washer that rides on a thin urethane washer? Or will the D-shaped washer spin and cause the liner to hit it before locking the blade open resulting in:
1. A dangerous situation
2. A non-operating knife
3. The hassle of having to send the folder in to Strider risking loss of it by USPS or UPS or even theft?</B>

<B>I even read of many cases that had the exact problem. </B>

I may have been wrong in the approach to questioning the design of the AR/GB but in my opinon there is no need to call me every name in the book it does nothing to back up the knife or Strider. It just makes you all look foolish.

The Buck/Striders of which I own a Spear Point Buck.Strider do not have the washers glued on with 3M. I've never seen a problem with the Buck design.

I know for a fact from being around the ocean, salt water will eat 3M so fast it will make your head spin. You can't tell me being in the military you will never come into contact for extended periods at times with salt water in the ocean.

Further what would military/ LEO service have to do with a Strider Knife having a major design flaw and my stateing so.

Ask other makers what they think of glued on washers especially a D shaped one that could render the knife non-functioning. Also after the 3M is gone the washers will have play resulting in blade play.

AM I WRONG or are a bunch of going to call me a ball sack some more.

I'm not sure about your suggestions like the urethane washer. Sounds good but I don't know why they don't do it. The problem is that when you come off (even if only in appearances) as a troll or in an accusatory manner or seem to imply that things are other than as they appear (e.g., you can kick ass with an M4, 1911, pinner folder and a grip of ammo so you must have experience using blades under tough conditions therefore your opinion is more qualified than others) people will forget any good suggestions you might have and tear into you.

Even solid designs have flaws, IMO a few on tools you have experience with... direct gas blowback on ARs, internal extractors on 1911s, etc. From what you have described, the problems you have witnessed? (do you have a strider folder? do you know someone that has had one?) are NOT a design flaw. I'm shocked that saltwater would do more damage than brake cleaner.

It seems to me that your concerns could have been wrapped into one neat paragraph... statments like this
Stateing this I believe took guts, all I got in reply was name calling and the statement that I am a ballsack
tip me off that you are looking for fame, versus being interested in a rational and technical discussion.

Absolutely I could be wrong. That's why I'm not calling you names, just trying to help you elaborate your intention. The only reason why I even pulled up this thread is because I thought 6 pages was awful long for a discussion on how to get gunk out of the pivot. ;) cheers

You came her to start a sh*t-fest. Then, after Mick posted photos with "FRESH" slices in his Vise [hell, look closely, there are metal shavings in the photo!!!] you threw a load of crap and then told us of "your order" to TAD.

Then all us "keyboard commandos" called you on your TROLLISH behavior, and things started going south between trusted, honorable Formites loaded with INTEGRITY and HONESTY, as they usually do after someone chucks sh*t, ESPECIALLY BULL-SH*T.

Then things calmed down and order returns as it ALWAYS does, and your'e back throwing sh*t Swenson. Very TROLLISH now is it not? Especially for a purported "knife Expert"

Save it swenson,coming onto the STRIDER MANUFACTURER'S FORUM for the sole purpose of arguing a "design flaw" without ONE QUALIFIER, ONE DOCUMENTED SOURCE, ONE PHOTO or "your Bio" to support your claims is NOT indicative of an "expert".

This is typical WANNABE but can NEVERBE

Wolfmann601

There are several documented threads on this very subject. Read my posts I have included links to a few. There are people having proplems, with AR's and GB's.

I do not profess to be an expert. Just look at the design and I am sure several other well know knife makers will agree, 3M to hold your knife together is not a good design.

I contest it will degrade come apart and render the lock bar unable to lock the knife open or closed, once the D shaped washer on the lock bar side jams the knife.

Originally posted by swenson45
After seeing and hearing from Mick Strider I then became more interested in the AR/GB folders so much so I ordered one but after I received e-mail detailing concerns about the very thing I was talking about I decided to cancell an order.

See we got you in a lie here. You came in here talking nothing but trash about the AR/GB. After Mick posted in here all of a sudden you miraculously saw the light and ordered one then hours later you cancel your order for a GB which you never ordered in the first place.
If the GB was so much junk in the first place then why did you place an order?

Further what would military/ LEO service have to do with a Strider Knife having a major design flaw and my stateing so.

Your the one that came in saying that droves of people in your "UNIT" were returning Strider knives......HA! Well lets see you also said that if anybody owned a "Tiger Stripe" knife they would be laughed at in your unit....but all your "friends" in a unit that laughs at Tiger Stripe knives are returning Strider knives. If they laugh at them why did they buy them in the first place.

Ask other makers what they think of glued on washers especially a D shaped one that could render the knife non-functioning. Also after the 3M is gone the washers will have play resulting in blade play.

I don't know but my Camillus EDC seems to have a D-shaped washer. I don't know if it's glued or not but regardless it isn't moving.

AM I WRONG or are a bunch of going to call me a ball sack some more.

"BALL SACK"

Truth is you are not nor never were in the military. Why don't you post at least what unit your in? Cause your a POSER!

We have all done things and said things that may have hurt poor little Swensen45's feelings and for that we really dont care.

Swensen any post you have used from this forum have been posted by people that may own or have a desire to own a Strider.
Some of the posts are up multiple times because the people posting did not know something had already been posted or discussed into the ground on some other post.

The people who buy Striders as a whole are people who A) have the need B) have the money C) have the choice of the best knife makers in the world and lowe and behold they choose Strider.

What is funny to me is that you seem to want one. The sad thing is you seem to think this country is the USSR or some other country where it is illegal for the persons who make something to profit from it. WELL IT AINT another country this is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA; and here in this counrty people who make things can make profit. To be perfectly honest I do know how much profit they make and I still buy the knives they make because they are the best. Not to metion the fact but they also give a better then average cut to enlisted personel. Of which you most likely have no knowledge of because you chose not to, not your fault nor am I about slap anyone for not choosing to serve this country. I for one am not a great lover of the way this country chooses to take care of its veterens. However, not to get anymore side tracked then we already are....If you want to field test a Strider AR/GB why dont you buy one then if you have problems with it you can ship it to me. And I will send it into Strider for repair and when they send it back to me I will send you thank you note for the kick a$$ knife you gave me.

The other thing I find amusing is that you said your friends are sending their Striders in for repair why dont your friends chime in and tell us what they think. Of course that is if you have any friends. I for one have stepped in my own feces twice in this here little post and will not be doing that any more but I will say for someone that is suppose to own a Strider/Buck version you must know so much about these knives. I own both Lg and Sm versions of Strider/Buck and like them both. I carry a Strider GB because I like the way it feels in my hand. Now I do not go into battle on a daily basis nor do I need to put on a badge when I wake up...I am just an average citizen who wakes up and gets dressed and puts the best knife in the world in my pocket. Because my life might depend on that knife; I choose Strider; period! Now to put that kinda trust into anything I need to know something of the men who made that knife. I have met two of the most driven and honest men in Duane and Mick that I am HONORED to call them frineds as well. They have introduced me to a world with a wealth of knowledge. And I cant thank them enough for it. I have friends that look at me funny when I tell them I bought a $350 knife. But when you put them side by side with any knife out there you see the difference, you can feel the difference. If you Swensen45 want a different knife then go buy it and quit your bitchin; but you wont because you like the attention you get here, the kind mummy and daddy wont or wouldnt give you. So stick around and keep getting your teeth knocked down your throat if you want. I for one will only be reading this post from now on. So with that said I am outta here.

Again more skirting of the issue.

I never said I was in any "UNIT" I am around Military bases all day long, I see what guys are carrying, I see what they deploy with, I've asked them questions. I don't have to be a ballsack or in the military to talk to someone who is a Green Beret, or a Ranger. If I was a four star general would it make any difference if the Strider AR GB is a flawed design?

This thread is about a person stateing they have to floss the GB folder they own. As anal as that seems, its to correct a problem. I just got sick of reading thread after thread of Strider buyers having problems and having to send in thier AR/GB folders due to washer 3M problems.

Many industries operate on the comeback rule, 1 comeback might be a fluke, 20 comebacks and you've got a lawsuit, recall problem on your hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back