Gurkha House Khurkuri orders by a newbe

I tried to find a place to order a Khukuri online on the Gurkha House site but was unable to find that option so I guess I will call in the order tommorow. I am going to get the 18 inch Ang Khola now but I am thinking about a 25 or 30 inch Sirupati for the near future. Can I get such a Khukuri from Gurkha House? Has anyone any experience with the longer Sirupati models? the weight is not a hinderence to me as I am 6'5" and 300 lbs. Used to lift a lot of freeweights. I love martial arts and was wondering if there is any style that specializes in Khukuri use? I am new to Khurkuris but not to knives. I will show my age by saying I have hunted and killed Razorback hogs in my native Arkansas with a custom Bowie a friend had made before shipping out to Viet Nam. I live in south Texas and would like to meet others with similar interests like knives, bows & arrows, guns and fishing saltwater. You can reach me at paparock1@aol.com Rocky

Gurkha House is not currently doing business, to the best of my knowledge. That is why the order buttons on the web site are not there, or don't work.

--Mike L.

Welcome Rocky

I have an 18" AK and a 25.5" Sirupati. The AK weighs almost as much as the Sirupati. I have no problem with either, so I am sure you will not. Since Gurhka House seems closed for buisiness, you could check out Himalayan Imports out right here on Bladeforums. That is the only place right now where one can find quality Khukuris. Let us all know how you do in your search. Good Luck!

Himalayan Imports is the way to go. I have a 30" sirupati and it is quite a knife(probably really is a sword). A khuk like that is heavier than a large framing hammer though. Perhaps heavier than a lot of bonafide swords! As long as you are of normal strength you should have no problem but when is too much just too much?

Back