• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Gyuto in W2 with hamon and Maple Burl handles *SOLD*

Robert Erickson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi all,
I'm offering this Gyuto for sale tonight. I've been playing with hamon and I'm excited about the way this one turned out. I'm calling it "muzzle flash" hamon. The steel is Aldo's W2 at RC62. The grind is compound full flat to 0.02" and then convex to near zero. The handle is K&G stabilized Maple Burl and the bolsters are Striped Ebony. The liners are black G10. The balance point is right at the front of the bolsters which are tapered to facilitate a pinch grip.

SPECS:
OAL: 13.25"
BLADE: 8.5" long, 2" heel height, 1200 grit hand sanded finish with "muzzle flash" hamon. Compound grind: Full flat to 0.02" then convex to near zero.
STEEL: Aldo's 0.09" W2 at RC62 tapered towards the tip.
HANDLE: K&G stabilized Maple Burl with Striped Ebony bolsters and black G10 liners and spacers. Black micarta pins.
$340 *SOLD* Shipped CONUS, international buyers welcome shipping extra.
Paypal, checks or money orders accepted.
Post "I'll take it" here in this thread and then email and PM me for arrangements.
Comments/Questions/Critiques welcome
Thanks for looking and Happy New Year!

fullsizeoutput_953 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_954 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_94f by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_957 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_958 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_956 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_951 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_955 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

Click on this picture to go to flickr to view video:

djg%hAnWSJKV%JdhEFwhUQ by Robert Erickson, on Flickr