• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Hall of Fame recommendation thread

KERSHAWGUY!!

I've had numourus amazing transactions with Dave and he has always been Top Notch.

Last edited:
I'd like to ask for BF member , elbanko , to be added to the Hall of Fame.

A few days ago , I bought my first knife from elbanko . We exchanged 1 or 2 emails and I agreed to buy a nice/rare Balisong from him. I sent the funds and awaitted the knife.

elbanko sent the knife in a very timely manner and when I got it , it was well padded and nicely packed. Upon opening the box and unpacking the knife , I was VERY HAPPY to see the "skuffs" he had stated in his ad were in NO WAY as bad as he made them sound.

Well , i then looked the knife over carefully in the bright sunlight and seen , what looked to me , that the very tippity tip of the point was "blunted" somehow.

I then was NOT happy and emailed Jim with clear photos of the tip etc. -- he emailed me back and stated that he did not know how that could have happened. And he sounded very sinceir and I did belive him.

So next -- I asked him to refund me $25 so I could get the tip fixed by a professional as I did not want to "botch it up".

THE GOOD PART ---- elbanco then emailed me back and stated he would sent me FOURTY DOLLARS to get it fixed !!!!!!!

I was/am in shock !!!!! I asked for $25 and fully expected a "hard time" from him --- and instead he offers to send me $40 !!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say , I took Jim up on his kind and MORE THEN FAIR offer !!!!!

So that is why I belive that Jim aka elbanko DESERVES to be added to this forums Hall Of Fame !!!!!

He is a Man of Honor and Honesty in the highest terms and he is a valuable member both to THIS forum and ANY OTHERS of which he is a member.

I CAN NOT sing more praises for elbanko !!!!! He is a one of a kind GREAT PERSON.

Thanks ---- DaBird aka Jerry L.

Knife hunter deserves this honor for all the people he has proxied for at several shows! His giveaways are always a boost to the community!! his feedback is off the chart for numbers of positive.

He goes out of the way for his fellow forum members and is a good new friend to myself and many others here!!

I think this is way overdue!!!

Thanks T!

J

Last edited:
Coop (Jim Cooper), enough said.

Doug

Oops, sorry. :eek:
For his eloquence, kumbaya attitude:) and outstanding imagery in his fantastic photography.
Linky

I'd also like to third Keith's nomination.

Doug

I would like to chime in on Keith and Jim, they are part of Blade Forum's glue. :thumbup:
I'd be the first one (Now third?) to nominate Keith for his community spirit and input.

For the life of me I hadn't seen this thread till today, and that my name was mentioned. Doug and Gus, I appreciate the nods.

As far as transactions are concerned, I don't qualify to any level of Fame. For these guy's appreciation factor: PRICELESS.

Thank you. :)

Coop

I haven't posted on this thread before, but I need to concur with all those who have recently mentioned Dave Anderson (Kershawguy):thumbup: He has proven himself to be honest and fair as a dealer who always performs and takes care of business and he's been doing it for a long time now. He's earned my vote.

I would like to chime in also. KERSHAWGUY! I have had a number of dealing with Dave and every time, fast shipping, well packed, great prices and very accurate descriptions. It looks like he treats everyone this way. Thanks Dave

Kershawguy ROCKS!!! He has parted me from entirely too much money and I wouldn't have it any other way!!! Sir, may you live to be 1000 years old!!!

Last edited:
+2 for richards nomination.
He's deserved this for quite awhile now.

richard is a stand up guy always willing to help anyone who asks for it. :thumbup:

:thumbup: for Richard J. The guy is as helpful and friendly as they come. :)

Not the first person and probably will not be the last, I would have to agree Dave, aka kershawguy, quick email response, great communication overall, quick shipment and willingness to fix any problem, as he did with me.

Back