• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Hall of Fame recommendation thread

Another vote for Blade HQ. First, for having gone through the effort to have Microtech make a new run of Tachyons, second for shipping it quickly, and over a weekend. (they must have someone working on Saturday!)

If I got this right this is we're you can post your pick for favorite knife dealer ? Well I've only been at this for 10 months or so but ive had amazing transactions with Ken of Blue creek cutlery. He's gone above and beyond the call
of duty for me not to mention being just an all around good guy. So its safe to say Blue creek cutlery got my vote . Thanks for everything Ken :)

If I got this right this is we're you can post your pick for favorite knife dealer ? Well I've only been at this for 10 months or so but ive had amazing transactions with Ken of Blue creek cutlery. He's gone above and beyond the call
of duty for me not to mention being just an all around good guy. So its safe to say Blue creek cutlery got my vote . Thanks for everything Ken :)

Is he even a member here?

pacpal57 is One of the finest!

All just want to say I bought a ProTech knife from Bob a week or so ago and it was awesome!:thumbup: I loved it so much I reached out and bought a couple more, not only because of his Quality descriptions of the knives, Great communication, and Prompt shipping, but overall just a super gentlemen!!!

Another of BF's BEST! Thanks Bob..

I just received my custom fixed blade tribal warthog from Ken (blackrocknives@gmail.com) And couldn't be happier. This thing is both a beast and a piece of art!!. The grinds are perfect, shaving sharp, beautiful wrapping, and perfect for the coming zombie apocalypse.

Thanks Ken, my testosterone went up 10 points just taking it out of the box!

Oh, and the sheath was perfect, great retention, with leather for sob or dangler carry.

+1 for kershawguy.

I've only had one dealing with him but he was quick in responding, easy to communicate with and extremely fast in shipping the knife i bought from him.

pacpal57 is One of the finest!

All just want to say I bought a ProTech knife from Bob a week or so ago and it was awesome!:thumbup: I loved it so much I reached out and bought a couple more, not only because of his Quality descriptions of the knives, Great communication, and Prompt shipping, but overall just a super gentlemen!!!

Another of BF's BEST! Thanks Bob..

+1 for pacpal57......i have bought from him 3 times, the last one being when he volunteered the info that he was in possession of and willing to sell me one of my personal Grail Blades. He is a gentleman and a true example of what kind of man(or woman) represents the best of BF.

T.A.DAVISON

Just signed up for his 12th year on the forums today.
I don't know of a custom maker who has sold more knives on this forum then he has?

Some of you know I help Todd with his photos and running his web site.
When I started helping him he couldn't even turn on a computer and if it wasn't for me, you guys probably would have NEVER heard of him?

Now he's not the most popular guy or the most chatty fellow around, but all in all he's a great knife maker.
He talks a lot with Tony Bose and Rick Menefee on the phone.
And tries to help other makers a well where he can, a lot of them want to come here and have him teach them personally how to make knives.
He just doesn't have the time and he's already tried with a few guys, and it's hard for them and him with the skill level that he has at doing things.
But he always willing to try and answer a question or two if he can.

When he joined and was posting here the very first day - He got Banned by Gus....:rolleyes::D ( you can still see this in his first post here if you look)
Seems we didn't have a clue about how the forums worked and what we were doing.
So I had to call Kevin an apologize profusely and being the great guy Kevin is, he gave us another chance.

Todd could care less about being famous, he just wants to make and sell great knives.
Over the years helping him do this, sure he's had a few hick ups you might say dealing with a few folks here.
But he's always tried to do it fair and honest. - I told him starting in the end of 2005, This is the world wide web.
You don't know what or who you are going to run into. BS is BS and Business is Business.
Keep them separated and you shouldn't have a problem.

Bladeforums is a great tool for knife makers to have and use. Thanks Spark!

Well that's about it, like I said Todd or really any one else doesn't like tooting their own horn.
But I think Todd is a pretty good compliment to this forum......

Here is to another ten years. - :thumbup:

I've been admiring his knives for the past year or so ive been on Blade Forums. I reached out to him last month and told him the model of knife I was interested in from his website. He then quoted me the price of witch im currently working on saving up . I figure ill have my knife before spring if all goes according to plan lol. Im really looking forward to having one of those beautiful knives in my hand.:D

I vote for KnifeCenter. Have been buying mostly from them except exclusives. They have the best hassle free policy on return and its especially important to me since i was a new knife nutt and didnt know what to expect from any of the folders i was buying. Bought plenty and returned plenty with never ever any issues at all. Not even a peep as to why im returning. Best of all you get a free gift with every purchase over $100. In addition at every $1k i get $50 gift card.

KnifeArt great customer service i only bought one product the Large Sebenza 25 CF edition and it was my very first CRK and didnt like it. Maybe it was because i wasnt used to the CRK brand all together or the diff of opening, stiff as hell. Anyways i returned it with mo hassle and got full refund. They were soooo helpfull i only wish i could buy more from them.

J. White straightforward, providing update and accurate description of item.

Eric James , is one of the best seller I have dealt with here in BF. Very professional, all the way to packagingredients the item.

I just purchased a Fiddleback Forge Hunter from Trestle in the Fiddleback Forge Fleamarket . There was a minor mix-up on the price but John immediately sent me a refund. Shipping was very fast and he answered my questions in PM's very quickly.

I tried to leave A+++ feedback for him on his feedback page, but since either of us had started the thread, the forum wouldn't let me. So I'm nominating him here for the Hall of Fame!

Lou Castle was great to do business with. Very patient and courteous, a true gentleman. I would also give him a 100% positive rating if the software would allow.

Back