Halloween Knife Scales

Guy at work does some hobby work making knife scales and I was chatting about putting some on my Fat Ash. He pulls out a boot knife and says the scales are made from a human femur. I called BS but apparently there are sites like boneroom.com where you can purchase them. Would you have a problem carrying said knife?

I have a pretty simple answer to this one -hell yeah I'd have an issue with that LOLOLO!!! ~ That's a little too macabre for me. Tell me it's from a game animal, no prob- But I'd draw a line at like giraffe bone or something. I even did a double take when I first came across that and had to think "why would ya?" for a minute, but I've seen some dyed giraffe bone for example that was pretty awesome.
If someone said to me "This is human bone" ` I'm not even touching it- it shouldn't be an option in my personal view, I just feel like, hey, for science sure, do what ya gotta do. There's just so many options that seem more normal for me - But I have to say, one of the most bizarre materials I've ever heard of and would've been fine never knowing it :D

Humane bones can make great clubs (if your a throwback caveman ) , but knife scales?? Didnt Mengele take bone & skin and do funky things w/them? My vote is for no

I read an interesting article recently that up until a disturbingly recent time, human skin was commonly used for leather goods. Things like gloves, purses, book covers, etc.

I am a fan of Halloween , Hannibal Lecter, House of a Thousand corpses the Walkers, and collect skulls.
But no thanks it is more fun staying in the fiction mode for me.

I’d be out on that with solid No. I truly love Halloween :) but out on that.

Back when my wife was in school she had a half of a human skeleton complete with half of the skull in a box in the back of her car for nine months.(in the name of science) :) It creeped me sometimes to drive her car around Miami knowing it was in there, so I’m pretty sure there’s no way in hell I could carry a knife around made out of anything human. I’m not sure why it made me think of this, but I would love to have custom handles with taxidermy type eyeballs cast into them looking out.

Anybody heard of Ed Gein?

WARNING:Google him at the risk of nightmares ha! :eek::D

One of his lamp shades!... yeh it’s exactly what your thinking lol!
View attachment 1050954
someone to go up against this sicko - Ilse Koch is another one who might like that femur handled knife ~ The Witch of Buchenwald - she was one twisted individual. It's probably this predisposed notion of historical adaptations of demented sickos that create the creepiness factor for me.

Eh, human bone is too porous. I prefer micarta for practical reasons. :p

Seriously though, no thanks.

I wouldn't buy something like that. Sounds like an episode of Supernatural.

I heard of a case a month or so ago I think in Recoil magazine where a guy had a knife made of femur bone from his leg after a pretty severe accident. Not the thing I'd do with a big shard of my leg bone but it is a pretty creative use... Gives a whole new meaning to his grand kids someday having Grandpa's knife...

https://www.guns.com/news/2018/12/2...shards-for-possibly-the-most-metal-knife-ever
https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/a6jelg/this_guy_almost_lost_his_leg_in_a_motorcycle/

Back