Halloween Special

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
Happy Halloween to all!

wqwkbnX.jpg

18.5 inch 26 ounce Seax by Kumar. Red satisal wood handle. Top quality leather sheath. I am offering this one with wooden Bhairab Mask at $199.

s3iMrzd.jpg

15 3/4 inch 18 ounce Kumar VUK by Kumar. Satisal wood handle. Scary sharp blade! $95.

MCqUtMn.jpg

19.5 inch 18 ounce Kobra by Ram Kumar. Horn handle. $88.

AsWBsGv.jpg

17 inch 15 ounce Kobra by Ram Kumar. Sisau wood handle. $85.

JShLBU6.jpg

12 inch 5 ounce Reti by Ram Kumar. Simal wood handle. Cute little Khukuri at $55.

JuN0B0g.jpg

BGAdWzy.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to get any or all
First come first served

I know some guys were asking earlier about a longer Seax like this one. Some more great work by Kumar. The 3-eyed wooden mask is a good bonus.

That's a beautiful VUK. First one I've seen that's near too pretty to use. Kumar gots talent.

EMS 19.5 inch 18 ounce Kobra by Ram Kumar. Horn handle. $88.

My first Kobra, and it looks really light and fast (if I was light and fast enough to snag it before someone else).

After regarding that 17" Kobra with envious eyes I consoled myself with the fact that I already have a 20" Kumar in horn. Someone better be all over it. That sisau wood looks great.

You may have yourself a sweet deal there at 19.5" at a killer price, KK. Less than an ounce per inch, too. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Man that Seax beats a war drum. Between this and the new gun knife, I feel like a young shark again:D

I gotta see if I have any pennies hiding in the couch cushions.

That's a beautiful VUK. First one I've seen that's near too pretty to use. Kumar gots talent.
Don't have the benefit of your experience but it definitely is a looker. I really dig black blades. It was all I could do to not pick up a black khukuri from Cold Steel back in the day. I went with HI though and haven't looked back since.

Last edited:
Don't have the benefit of your experience but it definitely is a looker. I really dig black blades. It was all I could do to not pick up a black khukuri from Cold Steel back in the day. I went with HI though and haven't looked back since.

Those VUK khuks will out chop any of the CS versions. I used to have a couple of theirs before I found HI. They sometimes did bite a bit deeper due to being thinner than the HI stuff, but the edge on these VUKs paired with their thinner stock makes them a game changer for folks wanting a more general purpose khuk at the expense of it not being as indestructible as the CAK type.

I've said it before, and I'll probably day it 100 more times. Drop me in the wilds, and hand me a VUK over any other blade. It can do so much work but retains a finer edge for more delicate jobs that thick convex edges would mash through.

The cool thing is that once that black scale wears off, there is a really cool gnarly hammer pattern under it that looks pretty rad too:)

Those VUK khuks will out chop any of the CS versions. I used to have a couple of theirs before I found HI. They sometimes did bite a bit deeper due to being thinner than the HI stuff, but the edge on these VUKs paired with their thinner stock makes them a game changer for folks wanting a more general purpose khuk at the expense of it not being as indestructible as the CAK type.

I've said it before, and I'll probably day it 100 more times. Drop me in the wilds, and hand me a VUK over any other blade. It can do so much work but retains a finer edge for more delicate jobs that thick convex edges would mash through.

The cool thing is that once that black scale wears off, there is a really cool gnarly hammer pattern under it that looks pretty rad too:)

I completely agree. I favorite "go-to" work knife is Kumar's VUK. It will do big and small jobs.

I didn't even know I wanted a Seax until now. Looks like I'm adding one to my list of future blades to get.

I didn't even know I wanted a Seax until now. Looks like I'm adding one to my list of future blades to get.

They really are very cool knives. Think of them as the proto Bowie. Used for everything from daily chores to fighting. So ubiquitous that an entire people, the Saxons, were named after the knife.

I've got a big one on order for next month to go along with my very tried and true 14" version that I've had for well over a dozen years.

Back