Hamon!!

Here is a little sneak peak of what I have been doing the last few days.

First video is a Bowie in W2 with a nice Hamon, it is polished to 800 grit.
I am not completley satisfied with the polish and etch so I will polish it somemore and etch again.

Second video is another Blade in W2 this one is a Raptor variant, but rather large (Bowie Large)]
This one is polished to 400 grit, and I did a test etch to see what it is I am working with.
Time to take it on up to a higher grit and do somemore etching!

More to come in the next few days!

Another one for the evening!
Chef/Butcher knife in 1095
This one is at a rough 400 grit and I did a test etch to see what I am looking at, tomorrow I will take this one and the others to a higher grit and re-etch the blade.
This one has really nice thin blade geometry!

More to come in a few days...

There is some serious badass energy in those blades waiting to be turned loose. They project a dark and menacing beauty like nothing you have made before. Awesome work Chris!

Phil

Thank you Phil, I am really pleased with the way these turned out, this is years of practice culminated here!

+1 to what Comprehensivist said!! I am recalling digging the Hamon and can't wait to see what scales you match with it!!

Thank you! If all goes well I plan to have these glued up this weekend!

+2 on what Phillip is able to articulate, very well by the way. It’s exciting to watch you enter this new territory Chris!

Thank you Douglas, I like doing these, the polishing and etching can be time consuming though!

Outstanding Chris! These are an artistic level of their own. Really really nice.

Thank you Dave, I am glad you like them!

Some of you may remember this big beast from awile back, I decided to polish it out and see what kind of Hamon was lurking beneath the surface.

Well.......

Im not very pleased with the way the Hamon on this bowie with a 13” blade in 1095 steel turned out, it is too splotchy and washes out is certain places.

I will finish it out and play with it however to test the heat treat and the design concept.

I plan on making another in the future and hopefully that on has a Hamon more to my liking.

Last edited:
Back