Hand Forged

Saturday Paul Brach came over to use my TW90 to grind a fuller, he was nice enough to bring his forge since I do not have one yet so I had something to do while he was grinding.

Here is what I forged out, it had been a few years since I had done any serious forging, but if any of you remember this is how I started making knives before I started doing stock removal for the most part, It reminded me of why I started making knives in the first place and I really enjoyed myself, not to bad for a few year hiatus on forging. I plan on doing more forging soon once I can get a forge.

Here are a few pictures..

Here is the Forged piece at this point everything has been done with a hammer and fire.
it has a taper hammered into the tang and also has a distal taper to the blade

Here is a few pictures after cleaning it up on the grinder.

In this picture I did a quick etch so you could see the layers in the steel, the steel is 16 layer laminated Hitachi Blue Paper steel. The Blade is 10" long and has an overall length of 14 1/2"

Very nice‼️ Sweet looking blade for just “passing time”. Looking forward to seeing more forged blades from you. Bad ass anvil by the way

Very nice‼️ Sweet looking blade for just “passing time”. Looking forward to seeing more forged blades from you. Bad ass anvil by the way

Thanks Tutone Tutone ! I am looking forward to forging more, I have plans to build a forge soon! The Anvil is pretty sweet! Moves steel very efficiently.

Really nice work.

Thank you!

That’s very cool Chris!!

Thanks! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Keep this up and we'll be watching you compete on Forged in Fire in the not too distant future !

Thanks Peter! Maybe, maybe not ;)

very cool and that's an awesome anvil. I want one

Thanks Bob! The Anvil is one of my most prized possesions. I plan on keeping it until I take a dirt nap and then passing it down. It is definetly an Heirloom tool thats worthy of being passed down through the generations!

Back