Hand ground aka Satin CPKs thread: show 'em if you got 'em

^Sadly I haven't had the heart to put the satin grinds into service. I only have two and they just get fondled and admired. The fact that I don't use them is the reason I don't want to commit to too many. CPK's are built to be used, its In their DNA. As an example, the Mrs. had a desk and file cabinet delivered recently which was dropped off outside due to COVID restrictions (don't get me started but she was working off of a folding card table) and my FK2 was the perfect tool to cut through the thick cardboard boxes.

Satins are only meant to be used under highly improbable scenarios such as fighting Count Dracula and his vampire armies.

For the zombie apocalypse which could be a bit more likely, there’s the acid wash finish.

Regular tumbled stone wash is for busting bones, joints, cinderblocks and other tough things like nails.

:)

aZpSk31.jpg

Satins are only meant to be used under highly improbable scenarios such as fighting Count Dracula and his vampire armies.

For the zombie apocalypse which could be a bit more likely, there’s the acid wash finish.

Regular tumbled stone wash is for busting bones, joints, cinderblocks and other tough things like nails.

:)

I didn't know all of that. :eek: I'm glad I read this forum to stay informed. ;):D

Almost.....We hunted Javelina and call the little buggers Grey Ghosts because they disappear so easily.

Fun fact, Javelina have very coarse hair and tends to dull edges quickly. The D3V performed just as well as Nates D2 and is still shaving sharp. :thumbsup:

I really enjoy using a quality knife. Using a great looking knife makes it much more enjoyable. I can’t wait to use my hand finished #badidea FK2 on my next hunt. :D

Now if I’m gonna do some some hard use or wood prep, I’ll reach for a standard CPK if possible so I don’t mess up my beautiful blades.

Very nice. You have the best combos. I think my brain has been autocorrecting your handle. I just noticed that it isn't gasbuster, which I assumed was firearms related.
I'm looking for a similar little snub, but in .41 mag...
There are some small .357 mags, that would be a lot to hang onto (I can't imagine a small .41 mag). :eek::)
(I guess "small" is a relative term, but I am thinking about something like a J-frame S&W.)

The Ruger SP-101 .357 is nice, with excellent grips, but is larger than a J-frame S&W.

Last edited:
Gus if you ever want to part with this EDC2 PLEASE let me know. I will love it and you forever.

You’ll be the first to know Derrel. :thumbsup:

Let me take it upon my busy-body self to make something very clear in here because Gus is far too nice to be direct. In the last 4 years of being on BF and having come to know of the GusMeister, I have never seen him part with anything. So the question is not as to whether and when Gus would wanna part with anything, the problem is that Part will never Gus with anything, EVER! :D

Let me take it upon my busy-body self to make something very clear in here because Gus is far too nice to be direct. In the last 4 years of being on BF and having come to know of the GusMeister, I have never seen him part with anything. So the question is not as to whether and when Gus would wanna part with anything, the problem is that Part will never Gus with anything, EVER! :D

That’s not true Mat, I’ve sold several of my Busse knives. :p:D

Back