Hand gun operation under water?

I read most if not all of Marchinko's books. I love that guy's sence of humor. In the book titled Task Force Blue ( think that was the title, its not in my hand and I may be wrong) He was face to face with a bad guy in a Men's room, (Why Marchinko alwyas has a bathroom fight in his books, I don't know :D) and he says "I thought about drawing my CQC-6 and simply killing him, but then I decided that meeting LC with blood all over my clothes would be impolite."

I first heard about emerson from those books. Now, I'm an emerson junkie. Gotta have my waved knife...

Mr. C, if you run into Mr. Marchinko tell him his sence of humor is appreciated by at least one person out their. And I hope he does not get too old to write, cause every book he keeps complaining about how old he is getting. ;)

Ok, I hope Marchinko is not going to kill me for my comments.

Note to self, go write that will...
anyone wants dibs on my Snody tanto, let me know...

Originally posted by CJ Caracci
Point being that whatever it was that one thinks they might have missed they could generally find that somewhere else.
True. I love the Marine Corps but in a cold, honest view; they haven't given me anything I couldn't have given myself. (Expect the paycheck:) ) Of course, I would never have know this unless I joined; so i am glad I did!

Being a good person is where it is! [/QUOTE]:)
That is the important part!

CJ,

Thanks for your kind words and advice about attitude. It is very true that if you are not man enough for yourself without a specwar insignia, you'll never be man enough for yourself <i>with</i> one.

I come from a career military family and with the exception of the war between the states, it has always been Navy. I even have an uncle (I forget how many "greats" to tack on) who received the MOH.

As cornball as it sounds my motivation for wanting to be a SEAL was based on a desire <i>to serve</i> my country in the best organization that my capabilities lent me to. I'm no rocket scientist, but I like to think that I am smarter than most. At least I tend to not make the same mistake twice. In academics, learning languages were my strong suit. And I enjoyed learning them. It seemed to be a practical thing to learn given my career aspirations. When I was in college, I continued to study languages (Russian). My hobbies included among other things, SCUBA, hiking/camping, and rock climbing. It was during this time that I got to spend time with guys from the Teams. I was getting close to a goal that I had seriously pursued for 7 years. When it got down to the wire, the eye exam revealed that my vision had drifted outside the allowable restrictions for entrance to BUD/S. Needless to say, I was crushed. In the short-sightedness of my youth, I really didn't consider anything else in the Navy. I only wanted specwar. The funny thing was that I didn't consider any other branch of the service either.

After the 9/11 attacks (lost 2 friends at WTC), I decided to drop into the Army recruiting center and check out a RIP contract (Ranger Battalion). I told the recruiter that I was interested in enlisting as a Ranger. I told him that I knew that I was too old to get a commission (32)... and he responded that it was waiverable. So now I am waiting to see if I get approved for an Army commission. Ultimately I would like to go Special Forces. Not exactly the easiest aspiration given that I would probably be 35 or 36 before I get to try, but I think I would do well by them... and they by me. From what the SF requirements state, my eyesight needs only be correctable to 20/20. So I guess I am back in the game. Now it is a matter of ensuring that I am in the proper physical condition again. Since you are in the know, CJ, I would appreciate any info or advice you could throw my way. And I would want it straight. You would be far more educated on this than my recruiter or I am.

Back