Attention Handle Material for the 2021 BF knife!! 1st Poll

Select your choice of material!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of people want the red soup bone but when I think back to the run of TC barlows with it, there were plenty that had no real “soup bone” character and were mostly just red bone scales with a few marks. I had a few pass through my hands over the years and only one had the actual soup bone channel...and it was only on one side of the knife.

That was a run of 150 knives. I’m not hopeful for a run of 500.

Aaah Grasshopper ! Do not the Tigers stripes help him hide in the bamboo?
And does the plain coat of the Buffalo not conceal him the mud?
20210601-215709.jpg

And !......Does not the imagination improve the vision of what might be?
20210601-221951.jpg

Is it too late to change my vote to wood ( by far the older and therefore more trad than bone).?

20210601-215709.jpg

20210601-221951.jpg

Is it too late to change my vote to wood ( by far the older and therefore more trad than bone).?

It's should never be too late to reconsider.
Everyone should have the opportunity to change their mind!! (especially if your going from bone to wood) 😁 😁

ps: it has nothing to do with being on the 'winning' side- how petty a thought.

20210601-215709.jpg

20210601-221951.jpg

Ah...visual aids thumb.gif

The pure awesomeness of this:
Saw1.JPGSaw2.JPGSaw3.JPG

Or this :D
soup bone.jpg

I was thinking more in terms of sawcut bone vs soup bone :):thumbsup:
It didn't occur to me that it could be taken as wood vs bone 😲

Those pics were taken in ought '15 at the annual steam engine/tractor show in Boonville Missouri. The sawmill is run by tractor power using what looks like a 30 foot belt. I've seen them use modern tractors and steam tractors to run it.

DSCN0382.JPG

On site ice cream maker:
DSCN0372.JPG

Sorry for the thread digression. I don't have any GEC sawcut bone, but I like Case's sawcut. Here's another Case btw ;)
DSCN0344.JPG

I was thinking more in terms of sawcut bone vs soup bone :):thumbsup:
It didn't occur to me that it could be taken as wood vs bone 😲

Those pics were taken in ought '15 at the annual steam engine/tractor show in Boonville Missouri. The sawmill is run by tractor power using what looks like a 30 foot belt. I've seen them use modern tractors and steam tractors to run it.

View attachment 1574859

On site ice cream maker:
View attachment 1574858

Sorry for the thread digression. I don't have any GEC sawcut bone, but I like Case's sawcut. Here's another Case btw ;)
View attachment 1574867
...and I assume that was soup stock in preparation not a meal to be consumed at that stage...I think the cutting board and vegetables in various stages of prep reveal that. After the stock is strained maybe those soup bones could be repurposed as knife handles (if not too soft) though the finished knife would likely attract bears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back