Attention Handle Material for the 2021 BF knife!! 1st Poll

Select your choice of material!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
swOyOzu.gif

Give me the bone stock any time! I use bones for stock all the time. Weirdly wood just doesn't make a good stock, however long I boil it. You would think it should given that trees are just big hard vegetables but no, they can't even do that. Bones will last millenia. Wood rots.

Then again if you're going to put carbon steel on it you might as well have the wood. Neither will last the test of time all that well. :p

Just call me John McClane, because I'm a die hard wood fan for this forum knife.
I'm starting to develop over-the-top emotional reactions to the cries for "bone".
It's enough to make a guy want to save Nakatomi Tower from Alan Rickman.

If bone wins this poll, so help me God, I know just what I'm going to do.

I'm going to buy two of these forum knives... and I promise you... I'm going to like it.

Why not worm groove bone? I think it would be stunning on such a large canvas.
I do love some classic old timey worm-groove, but the last time that we did worm-groove for a forum knife I was underwhelmed by the result (and I definitely pushed for the worm-groove despite other folks' warnings). It wasn't bad, it just didn't have the organic feel that I always loved about old worm-groove knives. I've definitely come to the point where I really want to go with handles that I've seen GEC do examples of that I love (which is why I want red soup bone, even if it is a potentially risky handle option; when it is good, it is SOOO good).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back