Attention Handle Material for the 2021 BF knife!! 1st Poll

Select your choice of material!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it's BONE by a long chalk- so far- who knows enough people may want to jump ship if they perceive that WOOD is suddenly winning :rolleyes: just to be on the winning side- pathetic;)

Quick summary of Forum Knives since 2008- Stag, 09, Stag, 10, Wood, 11 Bone, 12 Bone, 13 Micarta, 14 Stag, 15 Wood, 16 Bone, 17 Micarta, 18 Elk Stag, 19 Wood, 20 Ram's Horn. Which is WHY 2021 needs to break the mould and opt for SMOOTH BONE :cool: Never done before...and no Bone since 2016:eek:

3 Wood knives , 2 Ebony/Blackwood, 1 Bocote = need something different..

Smooth bone is my number 1 choice as well....especially if it is camel.

Even though I missed the interest in getting a BF knife, I voted bone. Hope I still get the opportunity to get in on one.

I picked wood, but let’s be real- I wouldn’t complain about any handle cover...

except mammoth bone. :rolleyes:
I believe the well read could correct me if I’m wrong, but Charlie is deliberately avoiding stag on this run due to cost concerns.

waynorth waynorth I hope you’re doing well after your surgery!

Wood and if possible African Blackwood to build a perfect pair with the 2019 #86 BF knife

View attachment 1570072

I'm with Jokr on this one. If we go wood, my preference would be to build a twin to the 2019 BF knife. If we can't do a "twin", I'd have to ask, will the covers be saw cut? If saw cut, then I'd vote for bone. If saw cut is unavailable, I'd probably vote other, just to see what uniqueness we/GEC could come up with. I know my response is very "picky", but that is exactly how I'd vote, so I'll hold my vote to see if some fellow members can help me figure out the answers to my answers/priorities. Thanks all-Josh

I have had a couple of people register surprise at the thought of a liner lock on a traditional forum knife but I keep thinking about how GEC did liner locks on the model 73. It might be a nice touch on this year’s forum knife.
Easyrider Easyrider That's an interesting idea.

But GEC's liner lock isn't a real liner lock in the true sense of the word. It prevents accidental closing of the blade but it doesn't lock the blade in place as the liner doesn't wedge itself against the blade (like the Victorinox one hand trekkers). I would think a liner "stop" would be a better designation.

Regardless, I'm not a big fan of a slip joint knife with a half-stop AND a liner "stop." :D

Then again, if a true liner lock GEC is produced, it won't be much of a traditional anymore either...

I wouldn't get your hopes up for scratted bone. They've only done it once, on a fairly small run. Plus, it would probably add like $15-20ish to the price of the knife.

I voted wood because I’d like something sawcut with a nice brown color.

But you could dye bone brown and sawcut it. I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back