Attention Handle Material for the 2021 BF knife!! 1st Poll

Select your choice of material!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ironwood would be awesome...but I hear it is really tough to work with...Just saying, given the number of order considered for GEC.

Glitter always dresses up dull bone handles but the handle color will dictate the best glitter color.Blue bone looks better with silver glitter while white bone does better with darker glitter colors. 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

Does anyone think that there will be a poll to include a compass in the handle?🙀

I'm not sure how easy it will be to come up with enough decent pieces of "soup bone" (I mean that literally - maybe it's super easy to come by?)

If quantity or consistency of the soup bone handles is a concern, perhaps there would be a way to jig the handles to give a similar appearance to soup bone. A "soup bone jig" if you will.

I voted bone (prefer sawcut, smooth, jigged in that order) but ebony or african blackwood would also be fantastic!

edit: that smooth ivory bone does look amazing, maybe tops a sawcut finish!

Last edited:
I'm easy. I voted wood, and think ebony, ironwood, or any of the other suggestions would would look good (just not sawcut).
Bone is pulling way ahead - and I can definitely live with that too. All the renderings so far with bone have looked really good. Even the sawcut bone, like the original rendering.

Next year for sure... I'm picturing a GEC #99 with a big Spear blade.
The Delrin handles could include a compass and a built-in whistle.
No joke, I'd actually buy that!
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 .

I voted for wood but that mock-up of R8shell’s with the smooth white bone and the narwhal shield looks really good! So does that purple dyed camel bone a few pages back.

Glitter always dresses up dull bone handles but the handle color will dictate the best glitter color.Blue bone looks better with silver glitter while white bone does better with darker glitter colors. 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

Does anyone think that there will be a poll to include a compass in the handle?🙀
If I bring my bone home with glitter on it, I’d have a lot to answer for with the wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back