Handle Modifications... The Complete Guide (Hopefully)

Beautiful work:

img_0984.jpg

Couldn't agree more.

To help myself and all (future) modders. Especially the easy stainless hardware mod. What is the correct screw and bold size of the hardware? Metric and/or Imperial.

Agreed, I have an 11 I'm looking to handle and would like some guidance on stainless hardware as well.

Anyone ever thought of wrapping a BK2 in paracord? It's really small, and wont work with the current sheath, but it does feel pretty good.

Boom.

So I ended up with a BK-2 in a trade and the first thing I thought was “wow, there is a $h!t ton of room in the handles”. Second thought was “Wow, this is one stocky B-I-tee-see-H” Talk about overbuilt. No wonder this is the most popular seller. This thing is a tank of knives. The rumors are true. If I had to pick one Becker out of the bunch this would be it. Fortunately I don’t have to pick just one and this one fell in to the “fun” category.
Following the motif of my usual content I am going to add this to the “fun to look at but completely impractical and useless” category.

I started by drilling different size holes in the stock handles. If anyone has any doubts about how structurally sound the stock Grivory handles are; let it be known that these things are solid as hell even when Swiss cheesed. I then painted them white then neon green to provide an accent. I applied a two part epoxy mixed with glow dust to back fill the holes. Once dry, I re-drilled holes for a second color. I wish I had better pic’s of the process but the logistics of fitting led’s, batteries, resistors, and a switch; were a bit much. I tried doing a rolling ball tilt switch but my ghetto ideas didn’t pan out. I ended up ordering a mercury tilt switch off of the –bay. Who knew you could ship mercury through the post office? That just doesn’t seem right. Regardless, I ended up with a glow-in-the-dark BK-2 that glows when the blade is past the horizontal axis and is inert when it is in the sheath. More fun than anything else. This one will be on the trade blanket at the gathering as a normal BK-2 with the stock scales.
(on a side note: I re-enforced the mercury tilt switch inside a rubber/hard plastic shell backfilled with silicon to resist shock. Hell if I know if any of this stuff works properly. I learn from the forum and Google; It could be unsafe as heck but it’s cool to play with)
Short on time and didn’t upload all the pic’s, feel free to ask questions or ask for specific pic’s.
On to the pic’s I did take; enjoy.

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

As a disclaimer I may be way too drunk to proof read so be forgiving. Enjoy

Dude, that is just plain sick. Best I've seen. Awesome, awesome work.

That's high art bro, make my shit look like a 6 yr old did it. Thanks jerk. ;)

Shoot these need to be added. Just good looking handles. Not usually a wood fan on Becker's but I would run through broken glass to get to either one of these knives!

6780698980_86b97597ff_b.jpg

002-75.jpg

Ipe
DSCN0763.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s520/tommythewho99/DSC[IMG]
[IMG]http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s520/tommythewho99/DSCN1035.jpg
DSCN1054.jpg

Shoot these need to be added. Just good looking handles. Not usually a wood fan on Becker's but I would run through broken glass to get to either one of these knives!

6780698980_86b97597ff_b.jpg

I love these! What kind of wood is this? I would not mind some of these for my 14!

Back