Handmade knives from Bulgaria?

Hey all, was browsing around the other night looking for a new custom edc fixed blade, and turned to everyone's favorite online auction site to look for some lower cost, inexpensive options. In doing so I came across the usual $20 lawnmower blade "custom" as well as a few decent options in the $50-$75 range, But one maker in particular caught my eye, not from here in the US, but from Bulgaria. The maker/company is called Tanev Family Knives, and from what little I can gather on facebook and the auction site, they have only been in business (web based atleast) for around 6 months or so. So far I haven't been able to find a single review anywhere, but from the pictures I can see, they seem to be well worth the $45-55 range for either a edc type blade or a bushcraft type blade. The blade finish seems very well done, as well as the laser etching of the makers mark. I also like that they are both true scandi grinds, which I think are easier to sharpen.

The thing I'm not really sure of though, is the steel. You can see it shows on the blade 1.2379, which I understand is similar to d2? Or not who knows? Anyway I just wanted to post this in general and see if anyone else has ever heard of this company, or if anyone has any experience or insight into the performance of the blade steel.(German I think?) In any case, I plan on ordering one of the edc models for now to try, and if it holds up, expect to see a review posted sometime in the near future.

Here a couple of pictures for reference if you don't feel like looking them up on the auction site.

open
Y4Pa4nbtOdMR7auXEt6pWxHdGkEOzj7Kp-ndw8W50mSKuVFoPTvuazl_XGgt50NM5T99ZAzqlDlgLsM=w1920-h925-rw

_tb1FpBlMqz9nSj9Oaq5Wjx7kQ5Rg_D09n63v-YEMP924wKy1GssoXzVWECkEvDBeBkHEqKCSUxUoVM=w1920-h925-rw

Back