Handy little pocket reference

I was going through one of my boxes o' crap in a closet and came across this guy again. I bought this several years ago then forgot about it. Might be handy to have on a shelf.

I have one of those, It is handy. I don't remember the knots in it.

I've never seen one of these, but now it's on my shopping list!!! Thanks - it's a great suggestion

I have one, they're awesome! They have a ridiculous amount of info in them. I was kind of hoping that there would be an iPhone/Android Pocket Ref. app - seems like a good idea, but no dice.

I've had one for years. It's a great pocket ref but where it belongs is on your desk or workbench where it will always be in your face, where you will remember to pick it up and browse it. Get familiar with what all is in there.

Yes, I believe that most people unfamiliar with these little books would be surprised at all the wide and varied info packed into them.

The fourth edition is the most recent edition and it is also available in a desk size. Put it where you can see it and use it.

I started scanning the pages since a digital copy is not available (that I know of). I got tired of it after about 100 pages though :/

I got one as a promo with an order years ago. Thats one handy little book. A weath of information in a small package.

Its amazing all the different things that they crammed into that little book. Got mine next to my Machinery's Handbook.

Ric

The little booger is definitely packable. The paper is also tissue thin, almost like a bible. I suppose the sheets could be used for wipe or fire starting in a pinch, and there is a lot of it.

Are there two versions of this book or only one? I'm finding some with the descriptions that would be geared towards contractors or home builders. Stuff about electrical circuitry, drywall, and other things I don't foresee myself needing. I just wanna make sure i get the right one.

Is this the one I want?
http://www.amazon.com/Pocket-Ref-4t...TF8&qid=1387621794&sr=1-1&keywords=pocket+ref

ETA just bought one, hope it's the right one. 4th edition.

Last edited:
Back