Handy little pocket reference

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by upnorth, Dec 10, 2013.

1. upnorth

upnorth

Nov 25, 2006
    I was going through one of my boxes o' crap in a closet and came across this guy again. I bought this several years ago then forgot about it. Might be handy to have on a shelf.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sicily02

sicily02

Nov 23, 2005
    Hey that looks pretty cool. Thanks for the pics.

3. gadgetgeek

gadgetgeek

May 19, 2007
    If anyone is looking, the 4th edition is the most current (I think)
    Its a great tool!

4. ron finkbeiner jr

ron finkbeiner jr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Where do I get one more of these?

5. upnorth

upnorth

Nov 25, 2006
    Google

6. LG&M

LG&M

Dec 19, 2005
    I have one of those, It is handy. I don't remember the knots in it.

7. JD Mandrell

JD Mandrell Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2001
    Had one for years, great addition to BOB's and such!

8. fmajor007

fmajor007

Apr 1, 2010
    I've never seen one of these, but now it's on my shopping list!!! Thanks - it's a great suggestion

9. redpoint

redpoint

Mar 17, 2009
    I have one, they're awesome! They have a ridiculous amount of info in them. I was kind of hoping that there would be an iPhone/Android Pocket Ref. app - seems like a good idea, but no dice.

10. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod

Apr 6, 2000
    I've had one for years. It's a great pocket ref but where it belongs is on your desk or workbench where it will always be in your face, where you will remember to pick it up and browse it. Get familiar with what all is in there.

11. upnorth

upnorth

Nov 25, 2006
    Yes, I believe that most people unfamiliar with these little books would be surprised at all the wide and varied info packed into them.

12. gadgetgeek

gadgetgeek

May 19, 2007
    they also publish one more towards the home handyman and construction.

13. bigbadboom

bigbadboom

Jan 4, 2007
    Unbelievable there's no phone app for this thing.

14. brianv

brianv

Oct 23, 2012
    The fourth edition is the most recent edition and it is also available in a desk size. Put it where you can see it and use it.

15. Barrabas

Barrabas

Feb 8, 2005
    Thanks for this..:thumbup:

16. Burncycle

Burncycle

Jan 3, 2005
    I started scanning the pages since a digital copy is not available (that I know of). I got tired of it after about 100 pages though :/

17. MonkeyBomb

MonkeyBomb

Feb 13, 2010
    I got one as a promo with an order years ago. Thats one handy little book. A weath of information in a small package.

18. Phydeaux

Phydeaux

Mar 4, 2006
    Its amazing all the different things that they crammed into that little book. Got mine next to my Machinery's Handbook.

Ric

19. upnorth

upnorth

Nov 25, 2006
    The little booger is definitely packable. The paper is also tissue thin, almost like a bible. I suppose the sheets could be used for wipe or fire starting in a pinch, and there is a lot of it.

20. Are there two versions of this book or only one? I'm finding some with the descriptions that would be geared towards contractors or home builders. Stuff about electrical circuitry, drywall, and other things I don't foresee myself needing. I just wanna make sure i get the right one.

Is this the one I want?
    http://www.amazon.com/Pocket-Ref-4t...TF8&qid=1387621794&sr=1-1&keywords=pocket+ref

ETA just bought one, hope it's the right one. 4th edition.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013