Hanshee kukri

It really works wonders with shorter blades because it allows for extremely deep penetration. It's a good strike for any blade with the ability to reach major arteries that are protected by thick muscle. The neck, arm pits, and insides of the legs are the best targets of course. I find it works well even with a short bladed long handled bujinkan katana with a reversed grip with the end of the tsuka being supported by the outer forearm. Using both hands to push through the soft stuff :).

JW obviously knows what he talking about. Im really just experimenting with multiple techniques. Nice beard JW... Im working on a big hairy masterpiece like yours lol. I will try and post a vid of the bujinkan strike I am talking about. It's more is a body swing than an arm thing. The forearm supports back side of the blade. We can comparing beards but please dont make fun of my belly hahah I use it as counter balance lol.

Last edited:
I'm feeling a little faint, maybe I'm bleeding out. That's a serious business still JW. Makes me throw up a little bit in my mouth thinking about being on your bad side.

Lets be friends what say you? Not mano mano though ya understand.

you know you love hand men bawanna, the wife and kids is just a clever cover , and yeah ive said before and say it again: JW looks like he could tear someone in half with his bare hands , knife or not.

I think it's the eyes. Got get r dun tough looking eyes. Probably a real softy in real life......................

I better sleep with a garbage can over my head for awhile in case I riled him up some. Harder to get at my throat that way.

View attachment 471529
Sorry for the lame video still. The supported drawcut works with khukuri, bolos, barongs-it's a very, very short range (elbow strike range) hip powered strike. Doesn't work as well with traditionally curved "drawcut" swords.
I can't seem to upload a video-sorry. Think defanging strike to attacking wrist, supported rising drawcut, finishing strike.

Ok, that's completely different from the drawcut I'm familiar with. The drawcut I learned (well, sort of learned) is where you thrust past the target and pull back. I think it's sometimes referred to as sabering. Unfortunately it seems like no one uses the same set of terminology, so I was sitting here trying to figure out how you could possibly thrust past with your shoulder or belly on the blade.

So if your close up and dont anticipate having the blade velocity you desire then the extra torque provided by the other hand could make up for the energy you cant get from velocity. I need to get the lead out and get me a set of nerf Khuks;)

So if your close up and dont anticipate having the blade velocity you desire then the extra torque provided by the other hand could make up for the energy you cant get from velocity. I need to get the lead out and get me a set of nerf Khuks;)

A friend once agreed to make a wooden version of my 18" WWII, but lately it's been hard to get him to do that kind of stuff. At some point I may try again with him, but it may be a while. To be honest up until now I wasn't familiar with much of anything that would require a training blade. I've done a fair number of thrusts, chops and other things, but nothing that I felt required a blunt blade. This however...

Lets not forget to include the ever popular Hanshee Kothimoda:

This one's by the Royal Kami.
mykothimoda4.jpg

mykothimoda3-1.jpg

mykothimoda2-1.jpg

mykothimoda1-1.jpg

Oooooooohhhhh PRETTY!!
LoL Karda that is almost cruel in an oh so beautiful way. Definately the sort of blade that sits in the back of your mind every time you look at another knife saying "it's nice but it isn't that Royal Kami Hanshee Kothimoda"

Karda! That is just beauty beyond words! Shavru is right, that is just cruel, in a good way of course. Me soooooo jealous.

Wow! That is one sexy Hanshee Karda. Its just beautiful and a true work of art. I would be afraid I would scratch it when cutting and practicing That sexy beast would be in a case behind glass if it were in my collection. I am so jealous right now.

alas I think the silversmith is still mostly down from his injury a year ago-- thus no new kothimoda--plus they have to use a different mix of silver more nickle than copper so it does not tarnish like sterling.

if you ever see one for sale, do not buy it-- tell me about it then forget you saw it.

So how does the Hanshee compare as a fighter compared to say my WWII, a Sirupati or a Kobra?

I think the consensus is that a hanshee's main practical application is for fighting, and its shape presents unique ability to extend draw cuts, but I am no martial artist

Not as nice as that Kothimoda, but here is my 18" Hanshee by Keshar Lal.

DSCF3643.jpg~original

That is still one sexy ass kukri phillll... even without all the silver. Without a doubt it has be my favorite design of any kukri I have seen to date. I love the graceful lines and you can tell just by the look of it how well it feels in the hands. I am contacting auntie at the end of the week to get the ball rolling on mine. Not sure if I should go horn or wood...something to thing about I guess.

Just back from down in New Orleans and tired as all get out. Open this up to relax a bit and what happens? Karda makes my eyes pop out!! Wooaaaaa. I believe in Santa Claus. I believe in Santa Claus. I believe in Santa Claus. I believe in San.........

Have you been a good little boy this year?

Santa

I know, I know, define "good".

Back