Hanwei Tactical Wak

yeah sorry i dident realize this. as i had seen something exacly like this come in to my store im guessing it was a stolen proto type or a knock off

Last edited:
more likely a knockoff.........

I saw prototypes at SHOT from Hanwei/chen that weren't listed in their catalog, but not that wakizashi

Looks fantastic! as civilian ownership of firearms becomes more and more restrictive (Esp if Obama gets in for a 2nd term) weapons like this may be the self defense item of choice in the future.

Looks fantastic! as civilian ownership of firearms becomes more and more restrictive (Esp if Obama gets in for a 2nd term) weapons like this may be the self defense item of choice in the future.

I highly doubt it, as they're already existing laws in place restricting blade leingths in most states.

This looks like a cheaper alternative to the Swamp Rat Waki, which I'd love to own but can't justify the price for something that's mostly just for fun. I might get one of these when they're released. As stupid as I'd look I'd have a blast clearing trail with one :D

I highly doubt it, as they're already existing laws in place restricting blade leingths in most states.

yes, but they are not serial numbered and do not (at this point) required a back ground check or photo ID to purchase. what this means is - they are, have almost always been, and will probably continue to be less controlled in regards to transfer.

so, it stands to reason, that if/as gun laws become more and more infringing, sword laws will as well BUT they'll stay a couple steps BEHIND the guns.

BTW - it's about time someone put a Kraton handle on a sword :cool:

September is s-u-c-h a long way away but the Tac Wak looks interesting enough to make it worthwhile! :)

Anyone have one yet ?, i know they are about the place...........closer than you think ;)

Anyone have one yet ?, i know they are about the place...........closer than you think ;)

:D

TacWak.jpg

TacWakSpine.jpg

Thoughts to come soon.

Will,

envy here :), so whats you first impressions then ?, i should have mine this week too :)

Aussies Aussie Aussie...........................Thanks Ron at U.C

Have you got one Bruce.................. in your hands (you know what i mean ;) ) hahahahahahaha

Have you got one Bruce.................. in your hands (you know what i mean ;) ) hahahahahahaha

Tim, in the words of that great Aussie beer advert, "Yes. I've got one now!":p

But it sure makes typing slower just using one hand! :eek: :eek: :D

Would back up what BCM said. Obviously it's not meant to be pretty, seems like a well put together piece, especially for the price.

Scabbard is shedding a few particles onto the blade, but no real problem.

Will leave comments on handling &c. to those who know more about swords than I do, but it seems like it'd hold up quite well.

Will leave comments on handling &c. to those who know more about swords than I do, but it seems like it'd hold up quite well.

I've said more than I intended, and will follow Will's lead and leave reviews to those better versed than me, especially and hopefully Ron@U.C. !

15 lucky Aussies received their Tak Waks early.They must know someone ;) And no, I don't have any more till the next shipment :p

I'm really pretty green when it comes to training in Japanese swords -- but, as someone who's cut up a lot of pool-noodles in his day with a lot of different swords -- I've got to say that the dimensions of the sword look pretty excellent; it looks like the whole handle is going to be usable (I lots of wakis are pretty cramped in my opinion), which is definitely a perk for a 'practical' sort of blade.

Also -- I like 5160 a lot for a sword like this.

I've had mine on order for months...

Back