HAP40 Caly 3.5

Mmmm, that sounds good. Got a CF/ZDP 3 inbound at the moment, and would be very interested in a HAPpy 3.5

Yes please. Caly 3 as well. :)

I truly wish this wasn't even a question we had to ask. It should be a given among the line-up... but sadly it does not seem it will be that way.

A LW Caly3 with a non-ZDP blade would just about be my perfect knife. Sadly, I suspect the closest we're going to get is some kind of UKPK sprint run in an alternate steel.

BooooooooYAHHH!

FRN caly 3 in hap40!

I wouldn't necessarily turn up my nose at other handle materials, but frn would help keep the price at a more reasonable level. 3.5 would be sweet also, but if i had to choose one, it would be the 3 inch.

As i have said before, the delica is good, the caly near perfect.

I'd bet a Super Blue G10 Caly that there will be a Hap40 Orange G10 Caly ;)

Where have you heard this? Or purely assumption that this will go the same route as Super Blue?

I'm not getting my hopes up. The Caly seems to be a dying breed.

Where have you heard this? Or purely assumption that this will go the same route as Super Blue?

I'm not getting my hopes up. The Caly seems to be a dying breed.

Just read a post on spyderco forum, Sal piped in; will bring it up in a product meeting...

I hope so, the Caly design is in the top two for me as Spyderco's best offerings...(Milli being the first)

I think it would be great in frn with a hap40 blade...hope we see it soon...

Please do not make this a clad blade, pure HAP 40!! Clas blades are like single malt scotch with water...a diluted version of greatness

Large calypso please, burnt orange g10 and polished hardware

I hope so, the Caly design is in the top two for me as Spyderco's best offerings...(Milli being the first)

I think it would be great in frn with a hap40 blade...hope we see it soon...

Has there ever been an frn version of the Caly?

For me the underlying greatness of the Caly 3.5 is its ability to get that much blade into such a portable and short handle length .
That seems to have gone unnoticed or unwanted by the General knife buying public .
There needs to be a revival of interest in the knifes design to make it a popular again to the buying public , not just a few knife nuts that get excited by a new steel .
It would need to be promoted as the great design that it is to educate the masses , and the steel is secondary in my opinion .

Ken

Back