HAP40 Stretch

I went ahead and picked one up. I told myself I wasn't going to but since I have the other 2 I feel like I need a matched set.

IMG_03561_zpsd9haxqnf.jpg

Love me some high speed steel. It came in as the sharpest out of the box knife I've ever bought.:thumbup:
Of coarse I had to take it the stones. 220, 320,500,1k,2k and 4k Shaptons, 15 degrees per side, on the EP.
I sure hope this gets used on some more Spyderco models.

uIjc3eS.jpg

Last edited:
Love me some high speed steel. It came in as the sharpest out of the box knife I've ever bought.:thumbup:
Of coarse I had to take it the stones. 220, 320,500,1k,2k and 4k Shaptons on the EP.

uIjc3eS.jpg

Rick,

That is the first time I have ever seen one of those Spyderco angle gauges. Where did you pick that up if you don't mind sharing?

BMC I got it from Spyderco when they first came out. Don't remember exactly when but it's been 2 or 3 or a few years ago.
I spend to much time and money on these forums.:eek:

Last edited:
Dang, KW had a message saying their Stretches were shipping today, apparently that means they were being shipped to them today. I hope I can track one of these and an Endura down before they're gone for good.

Of coarse I had to take it the stones. 220, 320,500,1k,2k and 4k Shaptons, 15 degrees per side, on the EP.

uIjc3eS.jpg

Looks fantastic. I have an Endura/Delica pair of HAP40's in route to me now, and want a Stretch too. I have been considering an EP plus Shapton's too, and seeing your results is giving me a push.

Thanks OM. The Shaptons really make using the EP easy. They cut fast, splash and go(no soaking)
and they don't load up (removes steel better & easier to clean).
You'll like the Hap-40 it sharpens up like a dream.

Thanks OM. The Shaptons really make using the EP easy. They cut fast, splash and go(no soaking)
and they don't load up (removes steel better & easier to clean).
You'll like the Hap-40 it sharpens up like a dream.

Thanks Rick (even though you just cost me some coin :D)

~Shannon

I have the Stretch in ZDP-189,,,, first of that model.
Just ordered one in HAP-40 from Knife Works.
Very comfortable handle design.

Regards,
FK

The bad news is I accidentally broke my hap 40 Delica backspacer. I sent it in to Spyderco but they don't have spare parts for it. The good news is I got to replace it with a hap 40 stretch! Don't ask...

The bad news is I accidentally broke my hap 40 Delica backspacer. I sent it in to Spyderco but they don't have spare parts for it. The good news is I got to replace it with a hap 40 stretch! Don't ask...

I have to ask ... which do you like better?

I have to ask ... which do you like better?
I honestly don't know. I won't have the stretch for a few days. I'll let you know once I get it. It was my first experience with a Delica and will be my first experience also with the stretch.

There's an ...outlet.... for knives...dot com, that appears to have them in stock right now....
Also the Spanish "Big Bear" seems to have them, although, their website is questionable sometimes.

Back