HAP40 Stretch

I got one from the Spyderco outlet store in Golden. They are shipping it to me. Try calling the store. They may have more...

There's an ...outlet.... for knives...dot com, that appears to have them in stock right now....
Also the Spanish "Big Bear" seems to have them, although, their website is questionable sometimes.
Thanks for the heads up. I've been checking several sites and somehow haven't come across this one before. Think I finally scored one!

Gah, still no luck. I keep finding and ordering then getting payment refunded. Hopefully on Monday.

Got my Stretch in HAP 40 yesterday. The lock up is very solid, the lamination lines are pretty even, and the edge is pretty thin being .020" for a good portion of the blade and getting towards .015" near the tip. The angle on the bevels are right around 12 degrees per side, which is really nice for a factory knife. The sharpness is quite nice as well, easily tree topping arm hairs. I may not use it for a little while since I just got back my S110V Para 2 and my Gayle Bradley from getting reground by Tom Krein, so I'll probably be using those for a while. I do look forward to testing out HAP 40 in the Stretch though, as I like the design and the steel is very similar to CPM M4, which is a favorite of mine for EDC.

Got my Stretch in HAP 40 yesterday. The lock up is very solid, the lamination lines are pretty even, and the edge is pretty thin being .020" for a good portion of the blade and getting towards .015" near the tip. The angle on the bevels are right around 12 degrees per side, which is really nice for a factory knife. The sharpness is quite nice as well, easily tree topping arm hairs. I may not use it for a little while since I just got back my S110V Para 2 and my Gayle Bradley from getting reground by Tom Krein, so I'll probably be using those for a while. I do look forward to testing out HAP 40 in the Stretch though, as I like the design and the steel is very similar to CPM M4, which is a favorite of mine for EDC.
On a side note, I thought he was done regrinding.

He is out of the regrind business, but he did two for me because of the huge amount of regrinds he had done for me in the past. So it was a 1 time favor type deal. I need to figure out imgur on my phone and I'll post some pictures in the regrind thread in the maintenance section.

I need to figure out imgur on my phone and I'll post some pictures in the regrind thread in the maintenance section.
I recently just did the mobile/imgur troubleshooting, shoot me an email if you run into difficulties.
*BBcode is the code link that plays nice here.

I recently just did the mobile/imgur troubleshooting, shoot me an email if you run into difficulties.
*BBcode is the code link that plays nice here.

Can you get the BBcode link from the app, or do you need to get it from a browser?

Can you get the BBcode link from the app, or do you need to get it from a browser?
I've only ever used imgur from a browser. After you upload your photo there is a drop down menu on the upper left which gives you code link options.

This thread is getting dangerously low in pictures. Hope this color comparison helps! If anything, the burnt orange appears in this photo (and on my monitor) as slightly brighter than it appears in person. "Butterscotch" is a good call for describing the burnt orange... it's fantastic.

20160218_122916_zpssvz8webd.jpg

I just got mine in today and being my first Stretch I can say this knife is very underrated. Fits my hand perfectly and I like the little choil that the Endura and Delica lack.

One question I have tho, mine came with a number in front of the spyderbug. I've seen this before in other photos but never really thought about it. What does this mean? From what I can tell it is a brand new, never-been-used knife.

This thread is getting dangerously low in pictures. Hope this color comparison helps! If anything, the burnt orange appears in this photo (and on my monitor) as slightly brighter than it appears in person. "Butterscotch" is a good call for describing the burnt orange... it's fantastic.

20160218_122916_zpssvz8webd.jpg
Good pic. The sorted of muted orange is akin to the Manix LW muted blue. Not bright, mind of deep and rich though.

Back