1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 35 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 31 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

HAP40 Stretch

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by TheOutdoorNerd, Feb 1, 2016.

1. jascolli

jascolli Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2014
    I got one from the Spyderco outlet store in Golden. They are shipping it to me. Try calling the store. They may have more...

2. blueblur

blueblur

Feb 25, 2009
    Thanks for the heads up. I've been checking several sites and somehow haven't come across this one before. Think I finally scored one!

3. grogimus

grogimus KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 27, 2012
    Gah, still no luck. I keep finding and ordering then getting payment refunded. Hopefully on Monday.

4. TheOutdoorNerd

TheOutdoorNerd

Oct 30, 2015
    Hang in there, and good hunting!

5. Agartha Audio

Agartha Audio Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 20, 2015
    just saw em in stock at osogrande.

6. gunmike1

gunmike1

Dec 9, 2005
    Got my Stretch in HAP 40 yesterday. The lock up is very solid, the lamination lines are pretty even, and the edge is pretty thin being .020" for a good portion of the blade and getting towards .015" near the tip. The angle on the bevels are right around 12 degrees per side, which is really nice for a factory knife. The sharpness is quite nice as well, easily tree topping arm hairs. I may not use it for a little while since I just got back my S110V Para 2 and my Gayle Bradley from getting reground by Tom Krein, so I'll probably be using those for a while. I do look forward to testing out HAP 40 in the Stretch though, as I like the design and the steel is very similar to CPM M4, which is a favorite of mine for EDC.

7. nccole

nccole

Jun 2, 2011
    On a side note, I thought he was done regrinding.

8. gunmike1

gunmike1

Dec 9, 2005
    He is out of the regrind business, but he did two for me because of the huge amount of regrinds he had done for me in the past. So it was a 1 time favor type deal. I need to figure out imgur on my phone and I'll post some pictures in the regrind thread in the maintenance section.

9. knifeneasy

knifeneasy

Aug 30, 2015
    I recently just did the mobile/imgur troubleshooting, shoot me an email if you run into difficulties.
    *BBcode is the code link that plays nice here.

10. gunmike1

gunmike1

Dec 9, 2005
    Can you get the BBcode link from the app, or do you need to get it from a browser?

11. knifeneasy

knifeneasy

Aug 30, 2015
    I've only ever used imgur from a browser. After you upload your photo there is a drop down menu on the upper left which gives you code link options.

12. ToxicBot11

ToxicBot11

Apr 28, 2013
    Up at KnifeWorks.

13. barkdog

barkdog

Mar 3, 2012
    This thread is getting dangerously low in pictures. Hope this color comparison helps! If anything, the burnt orange appears in this photo (and on my monitor) as slightly brighter than it appears in person. "Butterscotch" is a good call for describing the burnt orange... it's fantastic.

[​IMG]

14. roosterscrow

roosterscrow

Oct 20, 2012
    We can't have that! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. TheOutdoorNerd

TheOutdoorNerd

Oct 30, 2015
    This is about the closest I've gotten my camera to matching the color.

[​IMG]

16. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Thx for the pics guys, they look great! I have a stretch on its way.

17. blueblur

blueblur

Feb 25, 2009
    I just got mine in today and being my first Stretch I can say this knife is very underrated. Fits my hand perfectly and I like the little choil that the Endura and Delica lack.

One question I have tho, mine came with a number in front of the spyderbug. I've seen this before in other photos but never really thought about it. What does this mean? From what I can tell it is a brand new, never-been-used knife.

18. nccole

nccole

Jun 2, 2011
    Good pic. The sorted of muted orange is akin to the Manix LW muted blue. Not bright, mind of deep and rich though.

19. ToxicBot11

ToxicBot11

Apr 28, 2013
    Seeing 1 or 2 in stock at Top Quality Knives. Probably want last long.

20. Surfingringo

Surfingringo Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2013
    Mine just arrived this afternoon. :D

[​IMG]