HAP40 Stretch

Used mine a fair bit over the weekend cutting up some cardboard to construct a box. Already developed several fine scratches in the SUS410 part. I like it and gives it character, but crazy how just cardboard can do that.

I cut a ton of cardboard with mine over Christmas and have quite a few scratches on it. One of them is pretty deep. Amazon cardboard is dirty stuff. I feel it adds character as well.

I cut a ton of cardboard with mine over Christmas and have quite a few scratches on it. One of them is pretty deep. Amazon cardboard is dirty stuff. I feel it adds character as well.
Mine was Lowe's moving boxes. Very dirty stuff. Always nice getting those first few scratches on a knife because then it becomes yours and the babying stage ends.

I grab the blade up by the tip and its loose, back and forth. I m sure it's completely functional, but my other lock backs don t have this, some after years of use. My recent lock back purchases out of Golden, Native 5, and out of Taiwan, Sage 4, don t have this . I m a big Spyderco fan, and I don t want to send this back to them and have them tell me it s within specs. I hope that their standards for fit and finish are higher.

Yeah that sounds like something is not right. Mine will move slightly but not easily, I really have to try.

Stretched out!

DSC02923_zpsyhzqhkaw.jpg

DSC02925_zps0vwdabdq.jpg

DSC02930_zpsnmwuivdw.jpg

Mine was Lowe's moving boxes. Very dirty stuff. Always nice getting those first few scratches on a knife because then it becomes yours and the babying stage
ends.
So true Mr. uofaengr. I like the way you explained that.

I carried a HAP 40 Stretch Friday. I like the knife. I think I'll like it more when the tooling is changed, but it's not a great difference. I'm with Darby in that the Stretch 2 gets a lot of carry time.

sal

I agree with you Sal. I like the stretch but I'm in love with hap40 and the Stretch 2 is a subtle but big improvement for my hand. Maybe one day. ;) Of course with all this chatter about a cutlery shoppe exclusive in hap40 my mind is full of all kinds of ideas.

This thing is so freaking awesome! I love the stretch and hap40 is the sharpest knife I've got yet! Can't wait to throw this bad boy into the daily rotation!

^^^ Congrats dude! Sweet knife! I'm sure it will become very well acquainted with your pocket, Mine sure has!

I think the HAP40 Stretch is gonna go down as one of the greats as far as Sprint runs go.

Back