Happy Veterans Day

Would like to wish all our veterans a very Happy and Blessed Veterans Day! Thank you for you service which has enabled us to enjoy our freedoms on this forum and throughout our lives!
Thanking Bawanna and Bookie and any other Veterans (these are the 2 I know), not intending to leave any out!
God bless!

I share to wish the thanks to all veterans but sadly I am not a veteran.
Truth be told I tried to join the Marines, the Army and the Navy in that order.
Didn't make the cut due to poor hearing and color blindness and timing. Viet Nam which Bookie knows well was winding down and they told me if another war came along they would take me but didn't need people at the time.

I took one of the worst beatings ever at the physical for the Navy. But that's another story.

Happy Veterans day to all, we are very thankful for your service

Bawanna. You're lucky you missed the fun & games way back then. The Marines had it a bit on the rough side down to Hue. Was there. Just drivin' through, mind you, shopping for Busch Bavarian beer an' wavin' at all the friendly folk.

I really wanted to do my part but your right, I was lucky. Doubt I would have done well over there.

If I remember right Vietnam war ended I 1975. I was 18 in 1974 and expecting the draft as several of my friends were drafted.

Back