Hapstone V7

ooo! i'm interested in the fine-tuning adapter - is that somewhat similar to what i see in the newer hapstone with the clamp ?(R1 or something?) - will this fine tuning adapter be made available for those with V7's?
The fine-tuning adapter will be compatible with all Hapstones (and Edge Pro too).

Gritomatic Gritomatic can you do a comprehensive guide between the hapstone models for 2018.

The m2 kick starter starts tomorrow and I want to make sure I get the right model for my needs.

wow the M2 and the newer TSprof competitor not yet out are making my V7 I just got seem like an odd ball of their whole lineup. It may even be making me think I should of opted for the V6 with the round rods for vertical adjustment instead of the square.

My big criticism will be around the square tubing adjustment for the angle on the V7. If there's no way to retrofit the fine tuning adapter I'm going to regret not getting V6 or waiting for M2.

I'll say this. That M2 should be a HUGE seller at it's price point and feature set in the kickstarter. I can't think of any reason NOT to get it if you don't have a good sharpening system.

When you say the newer Tsprof competitor not out yet who are they do you have any links to their website.

wow the M2 and the newer TSprof competitor not yet out are making my V7 I just got seem like an odd ball of their whole lineup. It may even be making me think I should of opted for the V6 with the round rods for vertical adjustment instead of the square.

My big criticism will be around the square tubing adjustment for the angle on the V7. If there's no way to retrofit the fine tuning adapter I'm going to regret not getting V6 or waiting for M2.

I'll say this. That M2 should be a HUGE seller at it's price point and feature set in the kickstarter. I can't think of any reason NOT to get it if you don't have a good sharpening system.

I got in on the m2 Kickstarter with the venev bonded diamond stones. Couldn't pass it up for the cost. As much as I like the R1 I just can't afford it rn.

It looks like it's has a rotatable clamp set up I don't understand why they don't just make it so they have 1 rotatable clamp set up that fit's most or all their models,I noticed from what it looks like they got rid of a spot to put an angle cube on the guide rod I don't understand that either but I'm sure they have their reasons.

It's on the hapstone site.its called the R1

http://hapstone.pro/en/main/

You don't need to worry about. Hapstone will have three models: M2 for $149, V7 for $239 and R1 for $400+. Every model has the feature set and upgradability in accordance with its level. At the moment M2 has two features beyond V7 but V7 will receive auxiliary upgrades. In everything else V7 outperforms M2.
The fine-tuning adapter is compatible with all Hapstone models.

I got in on the m2 Kickstarter with the venev bonded diamond stones. Couldn't pass it up for the cost.
It's Poltava metallic diamonds, not Venev diamonds. Wade has it and can comment.

I noticed from what it looks like they got rid of a spot to put an angle cube on the guide rod I don't understand that either but I'm sure they have their reasons.
What do you mean? R1 will have the horizontal rod of V7.

I was referring to the video I seen on kickstarter about the M2 not the R1.In the video with the M2 it looks like there is no spot to use an angle cube and they want you to use a cell phone from I could see and jut thought it was a bit odd.

If you look at the video they do not have a spot to put an angle cube. from what I can see also from what I understand this is a video about the M2.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/675012072/hapstone-m2-knife-sharpener

What do you mean? R1 will have the horizontal rod of V7.

Wow, the M2 will sharpen at 0 degrees!

Why can't you use an angle cube on the back of the stone holder? Doesn't have to be a phone.

You can use the flathead thumbscrew for angle cube placement. It's made of ferromagnetic material.

Does M2 mean 'the version 2 (or 2nd generation) of the original M1 model'?

So in future there will be a M3 replacing the M2, right?

Yes. The original M1 model was released in 2014 and made of plastic. (
)

If Hapstone develops a new sharpener similar to M2, it will be named M3.

At the moment M2 has two features beyond V7 but V7 will receive auxiliary upgrades.

I presume that's the fine-tuning adjustment and the forward blade support? I just got my V7 a couple of weeks ago and was thinking that a support like that would be nice for blades without parallel surfaces (full flat grind, dagger grinds, etc)... And then I see that one very like what I imagined will be included in the "economy" model. Hopefully something similar is in the works for the V7.

I presume that's the fine-tuning adjustment and the forward blade support? I just got my V7 a couple of weeks ago and was thinking that a support like that would be nice for blades without parallel surfaces (full flat grind, dagger grinds, etc)... And then I see that one very like what I imagined will be included in the "economy" model. Hopefully something similar is in the works for the V7.

The forward blade support and 360° vertical rod. Despite Kickstarter has the bundle with the fine-tuning adapter, M2 has no adapter by default. It's the auxiliary accessory that will be sold separately. And it will be compatible with all Hapstone sharpeners.

develops a new sharpener similar to M2, it will be named M3.
Thanks for the info, i knew it haha! Btw I don't know any other sharpening rig maker who released as many official generations of their products to market, such flexibility in design and manufacture is unheard of. It's great for the product itself, since it gets improved and more mature year after year

I didn't realize that my rig had a forward blade support too! ...

Just to clarify, will the fine adjustment piece also work with the V7 once released?
Looks like a very clever idea there.

Back