HARD TO RELAX....

I spent yesterday cleaning guns and trying to math out how far I needed to shim up a scope base on a rifle that ran out of elevation adjustment in the scope but was still shooting 7" low. Been playing with some home made leather projects too.
20200314_145933_resize_45.jpg

I have briar and meerschaum pipes that I'm now taking the time to smoke. I have been working on getting the meerschaums to color and pretty much ignoring my briars. Now I'm taking the time to drink a beer or some scotch and reacquaint myself with some beautifully designed briar pipes.

I started up the east side through the Rocky mountain national park and it was the last parking area before the summit ... It was snowing at the summit... Let Ride

Ah, Trail Ridge Road, knew I recognized it. :thumbsup: I spend a good amount of time just outside the West side of the park, one of my favorite areas to recreate in our beautiful state! :cool:

I hear that there are bases with moa built in
Yeah. They are easy to find for guns that are commonly used for long range target shooting. The Remington 7400.....not so much. Lol! One bit of good news though. I took it out and shot it today and it worked out damn near perfect. With the elevation in the scope centered up it shot 4" high. Took about 2" out of it and called it good.
I threw one really bad flyer (right edge of the target) but I knew it as soon as the trigger broke.
20200401_172847_resize_34.jpg

I spent yesterday cleaning guns and trying to math out how far I needed to shim up a scope base on a rifle that ran out of elevation adjustment in the scope but was still shooting 7" low. Been playing with some home made leather projects too.
View attachment 1313626

Is the scope parallel to the barrel... I had a rifle that I had to shim the front more than the back ... Good luck

Is the scope parallel to the barrel... I had a rifle that I had to shim the front more than the back ... Good luck
I've had this scope on two different rifles with no issues so I'm assuming that something is a touch out of whack with the rifle. I probably could have put a shim under the plate/bolt that fastens the barrel to the receiver but I figured shimming the scope mount base would be a lot easier to make adjustments at the range if I was too far off.

How is everyone relaxing this weekend I just got some Kahlua and cream so I am mud-sliding.

Back