Harmonic Treatment sharpening??

“After 25 years of using heat to temper steel, I learned that heat only tempers the outer third of the steel. This is why the sharpening of an edge doesn’t last as long with each sharpening.”
Well the premise of the product doesn’t make any sense.

Thanks for the input Larrin - my nephew sent me the link asking about it. Your comment is exactly what I sent back to him also.

Stacy - it seems like both of the resident experts have confirmed my thoughts on this. Thank ya'll for the input.
Ken H>

Haha needed a good laugh.

Works best for Harmonically treating himself to peoples money :D

I bet he is shooting to be Blade Magazine's new HT editor. His articles will be listed in the index under, "Fine Tuning Your HT". He will surely have a PhD to back him up on his assertions.

That reads like an article on "The Onion"

“After 25 years of using heat to temper steel, I learned that heat only tempers the outer third of the steel. This is why the sharpening of an edge doesn’t last as long with each sharpening.”
Well the premise of the product doesn’t make any sense.
If I understand what he claim should be opposite way , because inner side of steel is not tempered edge has higher hardness and should last longer ... :)
This way maybe make some sense..... and maybe that is what he is trying to say...
“After 25 years of using heat to HARDEN steel , I learned that heat only HARDENED the outer third of the steel. This is why the sharpening of an edge doesn’t last as long with each sharpening.”

Last edited:
Back