Harpoon Point Cutlass Bowie

Here's one I've been working on for a while, I'm fairly sure it's my largest Bowie so far with an OAL of 18 1/4". Harpoon point blade in W2 with hamon, 12 7/8" long. Lurquin inspired Scalloped 416 stainless guard with black G10, and copper spacers. Wheeler style handle in Ringed Gidgee (one of the nicest pieces of Gidgee I've come across).

IMG_1031.JPG

IMG_1057.JPG

IMG_1054.JPG

IMG_1048.JPG

IMG_1075.JPG

IMG_1085.JPG

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Beautiful work as always mate! [emoji106][emoji122][emoji2][emoji1037]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, some dope has to say it.....

"THAT's a Knoife" :D

very cool Will

Bill

That came out great!

That's by far one of the best hamon I've seen on a western style blade in a loong time, absolutely gorgeous!! :eek:

I'm also in love with that blade shape, it just plain does "it" for me. :thumbup:

Beautiful work as always, Will. Thanks for sharing! :)

~Paul

So hard to make the proportions look right on a Bowie this big. You. Nailed. It.

Seriously Will I don't know how you pulled this off so well - a western bowie / fighter style handle and guard coupled with an ARRRRRRR piratey almost cutlass style blade and a wicked Japanese-esque hamon. And it works brilliantly!

Another terrific piece of gidgee too. Love that stuff. I just grabbed a few fresh blocks from Peter this morning :)

Crispy Clean brother!!!
Makes me want to engage in maritime warfare.... well maybe not war, but it'd be fun to stand on a boat with it yelling and cutting ropes!!! :p :D

ps. you remain the hamon master :cool:

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

Fantastic work, Will. It's almost like you know what you're doing. :D

Almost... almost :D

That's by far one of the best hamon I've seen on a western style blade in a loong time, absolutely gorgeous!! :eek:

I'm also in love with that blade shape, it just plain does "it" for me. :thumbup:

Beautiful work as always, Will. Thanks for sharing! :)

~Paul

Thanks Paul! I'm really happy with the hamon on this one.

So hard to make the proportions look right on a Bowie this big. You. Nailed. It.

Thanks Roger. I think I just got lucky with the proportions to be honest; I didn't give it much thought beyond just trying to make it look right.

Seriously Will I don't know how you pulled this off so well - a western bowie / fighter style handle and guard coupled with an ARRRRRRR piratey almost cutlass style blade and a wicked Japanese-esque hamon. And it works brilliantly!

Another terrific piece of gidgee too. Love that stuff. I just grabbed a few fresh blocks from Peter this morning :)

Thanks Derrick! I never considered that the mix of elements might not work; I think I got lucky in that regard too!
Peter the Gidgee man, can't be beat.

Back