Hartsfield Katana

Thought I would show some pictures of my new Hartsfield Katana that just arrived a few days ago. Ive been looking to have a sword built for the last 15 years and never found the right one for me. 1 year ago or so I was browsing the forums looking at katanas and trying to find someone who would make the type of sword I wanted. I found a post from Joe Paranee and his Hartsfield katana that Phil Hartsfield Senior made for him. I contacted Joe and we spoke a bit about the swords and I loved everything about his. So with some work I contacted the Hartsfields and got in touch with Phill Hartsfield Jr. I commissioned him to build my sword. Its gorgeous and well.....its a Phill Hartsfield Jr. Blade ! Tsuka has Black ray skin under brown chord with custom made titanium menuki that I fabricated and a one off custom kashira that Jr. made . The Tsuba is very very old according to Phill as it has been in the shop with them since the beginning. Brown Bison leather wrapped Saya with black chord.
Enjoy!
Special thanks to Joe Paranee for talking to me. If he would have never put his sword up on here I would have never found the person to build what I wanted.
0WXzX18.jpg

usk1ufN.jpg

8kOQ8nw.jpg

dW7cicR.jpg

Oa136yv.jpg

7Gwizuw.jpg

eKsCzuh.jpg

BwyNWfU.jpg

q5ixmMI.jpg

OyIq329.jpg

onBeUZu.jpg

i5MUuZz.jpg

0A21skJ.jpg

Dxwi5ng.jpg

Last edited:
Looks fantastic. I would love to hear more about it.
My only complaint is the Photobucket logos blocking my view...

Thanks guy. Not sure how to load pictures direct to the post. Saw no option to do that.

Thought I would show some pictures of my new Hartsfield Katana that just arrived a few days ago. Ive been looking to have a sword built for the last 15 years and never found the right one for me. 1 year ago or so I was browsing the forums looking at katanas and trying to find someone who would make the type of sword I wanted. I found a post from Joe Paranee and his Hartsfield katana that Phil Hartsfield Senior made for him. I contacted Joe and we spoke a bit about the swords and I loved everything about his. So with some work I contacted the Hartsfields and got in touch with Phill Hartsfield Jr. I commissioned him to build my sword. Its gorgeous and well.....its a Phill Hartsfield Jr. Blade ! Tsuka has Black ray skin under brown chord with custom made titanium menuki that I fabricated and a one off custom kashira that Jr. made . The Tsuba is very very old according to Phill as it has been in the shop with them since the beginning. Brown Bison leather wrapped Saya with black chord.
Enjoy!
Special thanks to Joe Paranee for talking to me. If he would have never put his sword up on here I would have never found the person to build what I wanted.
sheathed_zpsmskfi8mn.jpg

ph%20cap_zpsdoewikj6.jpg

2_zpshuplgwuk.jpg

1_zpsrihyj9l6.jpg

hamon%201_zps3fvofsfu.jpg

hamon%202_zpsj3jveocp.jpg

blade_zps01kmrf7d.jpg

blade2_zpsozbu29zs.jpg

hamon%204_zpsinnwrk63.jpg

hamon%203_zpszcdxilyf.jpg

Outstanding. This is the stuff dreams are made from. A sword like this is a grail of grails. Glad to see the Hartsfields kept a beautiful tradition in the family.

Phil Hartsfield Sr. was a genius and an absolute pioneer.

Thanks guy. Not sure how to load pictures direct to the post. Saw no option to do that.
Don't go to trouble on my account, but I dump my images onto Imgur and it works pretty well for posting pics without logos.

Sebastian

What a fantastic blade

I am so happy this came together for you

Phill was a dear friend and I cherish the blades I have from him

I am so pleased that you have one to cherish and hand down also

Also nothing cuts like a Hartsfield :)

Lovely sword. I am very jealous!!!

Steel?

Also, is the saya rigid lined aluminium? And also is the handle wrap epoxied??

Lovely sword. I am very jealous!!!

Steel?

Also, is the saya rigid lined aluminium? And also is the handle wrap epoxied??

Yes sir it is a2 tool steel ,the Saya is aluminum and the complete handle is epoxied not just the wrap itself.

Joe ,
His rendition of a Habaki works excellent.

Last edited:
Back