• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Has Anyone bought a Bark River From Optics Planet before?

They list models that have not been made for years as well as discontinued products - I would double check with them that they actually have the item in hand before ordering.

They dont currently have any Bark Rivers in stock. They're on back order from Blue Ridge Knives. (I spoke to customer service.)
They list models that have not been made for years as well as discontinued products - I would double check with them that they actually have the item in hand before ordering.

They dont currently have any Bark Rivers in stock. They're on back order from Blue Ridge Knives. (I spoke to customer service.)

Backorder is a bit of an optimistic term given that the bumble bee, Dakkar, santos, JX4, JX6, STS 3, senegal are discontinued - some steels like elmax on the various listings won't be made again, and they list a lot of models that have no ETA of any kind such as the Ghost II, Blackwater, gameskeeper, classic utility caper, and others.

Not trying to be a jerk, I've just seen a lot of people get burned on a "backorder" there.

Long ago I received from them what I believed to be a fake Benchmade mini grip, I have never done business with them again.

Last edited:
I started avoiding Optics Planet years ago.
Famous for saying “in stock” when they’re not.

Backorder is a bit of an optimistic term given that the bumble bee, Dakkar, santos, JX4, JX6, STS 3, senegal are discontinued - some steels like elmax on the various listings won't be made again, and they list a lot of models that have no ETA of any kind such as the Ghost II, Blackwater, gameskeeper, classic utility caper, and others.

Not trying to be a jerk, I've just seen a lot of people get burned on a "backorder" there.
As in never receiving their order? I'm not too worried about it because I'm not losing any money on it. I talked to a Bark River associate who said that they were making knives for Blue Ridge which is Optics Planet's supplier.

I've heard rumors that they don't actually have any in stock. Is this true?

Not to put too fine a point on it, but another question would be "Has anyone ever bought a Bark River from Optics Planet and actually gotten it?"

I'm learning my lesson about Optics Planet. It's been a long, long time since anyone had a Bark River Kephart (4" CPM 3V) available. Optics Planet was the only place I found this year that listed them as available and I ordered before I knew how they conduct business. Needless to say, I don't expect to get it, but I'm keeping the order active just in case. I won't order from them again.

If a preferred dealer like DLT gets some in stock, my Optics Planet order will be cancelled . . . quickly.

I'm learning my lesson about Optics Planet. It's been a long, long time since anyone had a Bark River Kephart (4" CPM 3V) available. Optics Planet was the only place I found this year that listed them as available and I ordered before I knew how they conduct business. Needless to say, I don't expect to get it, but I'm keeping the order active just in case. I won't order from them again.

If a preferred dealer like DLT gets some in stock, my Optics Planet order will be cancelled . . . quickly.
Thats what im doing

I will never order from them again…in stock items shouldn’t take weeks to get out the door.

I’ve placed a couple orders with Optics Planet (no Bark River Knives) some items ship timely, some never ship.

Don’t hold your breath waiting.

Back