• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Has anyone dealt with HR Knives LLC in Virginia

Hi all, just need a little advice and reassurance regarding a online knife store I recently placed an order with. I ordered a fixed blade knife from HR Knives LLC on the 12th of March 2017. The item was paid for through paypal immediately. Since that time I have sent 4 emails to them just requesting an update to my purchase, and have received 0 replies. So at this point I don't know if the knife has been shipped, backordered or ??? The company is apparently located in Virginia. As a footnote, I did do research regarding the companies rep, but I did not read anything that would raise the normal flags. Any help, suggestions or guidance would be appreciated.

No body? I am still waiting for any kind of response, a tracking number, or quick note explaining situation. So far I am terribly disappointed in this company, they put a bad light on other Veteran run businesses.. At this point any advice would help.

I'm in VA but have never dealt with this company. website looks legit. I would call them and see what's going on. Number is a the top of their website. Hope it goes well.

Google reviews show it's a scam website.

Not a challenge, but for the honest sake of my own education, how did you find this info? All I found on google was the BBB website which showed an A+ rating (with 2 negative reviews, 0 positive, and no complaints filed!), and a few links back to BF. Admittedly, i'm not the World's Google expert, but I'd like to learn so I can avoid pitfalls. [emoji106]

OP, sorry, no direct knowledge of this business. I like Mr. Wells advice about giving them a call, if you haven't already.

Let us know how it goes.

I agree, however they had a particular knife I had been looking for, and when I checked their background I found nothing suspicious, certainly nothing about a scam site. I am curious sechip, where did you find that info. I have still not had any response from HR knives.

Not a challenge, but for the honest sake of my own education, how did you find this info? All I found on google was the BBB website which showed an A+ rating (with 2 negative reviews, 0 positive, and no complaints filed!), and a few links back to BF. Admittedly, i'm not the World's Google expert, but I'd like to learn so I can avoid pitfalls. [emoji106]

OP, sorry, no direct knowledge of this business. I like Mr. Wells advice about giving them a call, if you haven't already.

Let us know how it goes.

I just googled their name and off to the right of the listings were google reviews and there were like 4 of them and ALL gave 1 star and commented they were ripped off.

Well after a lot of time I received the knife I ordered yesterday, after filing a Paypal case. The owner contacted me saying he had been away from the office for an extended period. Once he contacted me things began to happen, I received shipping info, and tracking number. I can't say this alleviates my concerns to order any more knives from this company.

Well after a lot of time I received the knife I ordered yesterday, after filing a Paypal case. The owner contacted me saying he had been away from the office for an extended period. Once he contacted me things began to happen, I received shipping info, and tracking number. I can't say this alleviates my concerns to order any more knives from this company.

This is the time when you file your own negative review. They only responded to you because of the PayPal claim, had you not done that no doubt you'd still be waiting for your knife. Save the next guy from getting ripped off.

This is the time when you file your own negative review. They only responded to you because of the PayPal claim, had you not done that no doubt you'd still be waiting for your knife. Save the next guy from getting ripped off.

Done and done! Yes I truly believe had it not been for a paypal claim, I may never have heard from HR Knives LLC again. They also have a facebook site but I believe they could edit any responses, not quite sure how facebook works ( Yep, I'm a dinosaur:p)

Done and done! Yes I truly believe had it not been for a paypal claim, I may never have heard from HR Knives LLC again. They also have a facebook site but I believe they could edit any responses, not quite sure how facebook works ( Yep, I'm a dinosaur:p)

The administrator of their Facebook account/page can edit or simply delete any comment made as well as block you or anyone for that matter from posting.

Mr. Wells -- Please contact me here on BF...hoping to commission a knife from you, but can't seem to find contact info...thanks!

Back