Has anyone heard from Christof recently?

Christof made a LBK for me but used hollow pins instead of solid pins as I had asked for. Per his request I returned the knife to him for a change of pins (and sheath which also was different from what we had agreed on).
He received the knife in December 2011 and I have yet to get it back from him. I sent him an email from time to time and would get an occasional response as to why it wasn't done yet but even these replies have stopped for the last couple of months.

Does anyone know if Christof is just really tied up with orders, if he has gone out of the knife business, or if something has happened to him?

Rumor is he and Mark Wohlwend have quit making knives and are traveling the country with a goat side show act. :D

Actually, I was wondering the same thing. Have sent a few emails over the past few months with no response.

I exchanged emails with him early last month. Besides a couple problems, he said his computer crashed and he lost a lot of emails. He got back to me pretty quick- might want to try him again. I was on his website the other day and noted he had sold a couple knives and posted he wasn't doing any shows for awhile as he dug out from orders.

Hope he's back soon!!

Thanks for the update.

I too hope that he will be back soon but the lack of communication seems to extend beyond a crashed computer.
He had told me about a crash earlier this year and I had an exchange with him after that but then have heard no more.

If anyone has a reliable current email address please let me know.

I have heard fromm him about an idea I had, but nothing since then. Also mentioned awhile ago about computer trouble. Just keep praying for him and hope he will communicate soon, we may never know what someone is experiencing until we walk a mile in their moccasins. Just food for thought.

... Just keep praying for him and hope he will communicate soon...

Well, I am all for compassion but I am not so sure that this is the most productive way to proceed.

If anyone has a phone number for him I would appreciate a private message so I can give him a ring and hopefully straighten this out.

I agree, if you have a project being made or done, communication is important so it does not leave you guessing. I hope things work out.

it's a combination of things.

i am having some intermittent health issues which are just taking me down for days at a time- it's 2 hours each way to the va, too. ugh.

i am also backlogged, and still on my worklist from january!

If i can get through this weekend with a few absolute mut-do house repairs, i am going to try and get through the backlog faster. what i need to do, commit to do- is get on here for a "morning coffee" daily update. That alone will help a lot.

Thanks for the update Christof. Wish you the best with your health and work...and look forward to a morning coffee update every now and then.

Thanks Christof for responding to this thread. Sorry to hear about you health and I hope you will feel better.
I would like to discuss the issue of the LBK. What is your preferred method of communication? Email or private message?

I though I'd gotten email back to you onthe last one. gmail account tends to work well, the other account is being a spam magnet right now. I need to get it transferred over to google so I can get filtering to work.

Wishing you well with everything going on, and just draw strength that people are praying for you. Look forward to the morning coffee chats.

Nope. I had sent emails to both accounts but never heard back.
I just sent another email to your gmail account. Looking forward to your response.

I though I'd gotten email back to you onthe last one. gmail account tends to work well, the other account is being a spam magnet right now. I need to get it transferred over to google so I can get filtering to work.

Gotta get that LBK...great knife!! Maybe my favorite all around blade in that range...although the handle on my GBB is just perfection-

IMG_1837.jpg

IMG_3691.jpg

IMG_1749.jpg

Just want to provide an update and thank Christof publically.
He has been in touch with me by email and yesterday I received the LBK with the updated pins and a new sheath. He even through in the old sheath free of charge.

Thanks Christof for coming through in style!

Glad to hear it's all set protodoc...now, hows about some pics!? :thumbup:

Back