Has anyone heard from Rob?

I have PM'd him and have heard nothing back. Can anyone else give a report on how Rob and his family are doing?
Thanks in advance
Balding

I do hope and pray that he and his family are doing well. I know his last couple of post near the end of October indicated how he was itching to make knives again but that he and his wife were pretty banged up and the recovery was going slow.

Mark

i sent him a text earlier today but haven't heard back yet. i'll try e-mail...i'll let you guys know if i hear anything from him.

Thanks guys! My only concern is that he is doing ok. Post it here if you do hear anything. I will do the same.
Balding

Hey guys I'm back !!!! Thanks for the concern it really means a lot !!!!

I've had a long go at it, and have mostly been trying to hold down the fort.. Wife's had double knee surgery and was down bigtime, going back in the 21st for a shoulder surgery.. after that I have knee surgery to contend with and have mainly been living on painkillers... Accident really has taken a toll on us that's for sure, but we're plugging away...

I haven't had any time behind the grinder but plan to finish out two choppers I had profiled and under the bench collecting dust forever..

After I finish those out I'm positive it will give me the motivation and momentum to start making knives again, I'm hopeful next week to see in opening in life to get in some MUCH NEEDED shop time and therapy...

Btw, today is my Birthday and felt it was an appropriate time to let you guys know how things are going... I haven't been on the net in a long time and just dealing with things but I plan to be around more and intend to have some give a ways, a passaround and... and......

take care,
Rob

happy b-day!
good luck with the surgeries, glad to hear you're all healing up, even if it is slowly.

Rob
Hell of a way to celebrate your birthday. In spite of all that has happened, never forget to count your blessing. Glad to hear from you and look forward to seeing what your "steel/shop therapy" produces for the rest of us to see. Take care friend
All the best
Balding

Hi Rob,

Happy Birthday! My prayers continue for you and your family. I am glad to hear you and your wife are battling on the best you can. It sounds like it has been a long journey to this point with more to come. Take your time...do not rush yourself as healing often takes longer than we give credit for. Please do not worry about the grinder or us as we will be here when you return.

Sincerely,
Mark

Happy (belated) borthday Rob! Prayers for you family, for sure. Glad you're all recovering, though the road seems to be a long one.

Hey Rob! A late Happy Birthday from me too, Brother!
I had only come to your forum a few days, when that accident struck you and your family...
From the pix and your description we all could kind of imagine what you guys must have gone through, but actually, at least for my part,
I think i had no freakin clue how deep the scars have been and still are.
I have been coming back to see if you are back in the saddle, but maybe for far to egoistic reasons. All that matters is your health and your wifes one!
She is really tough, and I´m trying to imagine my girlfriend going through this hell... it makes me sad!
So also thoughts sent from me!
It´s a very good start I guess, to get back to what you like doing, after you took care of whats really important in life.
I hope it gives you joy and power to take on what still lies ahead!
As the fella above I wanna state, that you gotta relax and do what´s best for you and your beloved ones... we´ll be here no matter when
you decide to post steel here again!
All the best and Merry Xmas!
Max

I do hope and pray that he and his family are doing well. I know his last couple of post near the end of October indicated how he was itching to make knives again but that he and his wife were pretty banged up and the recovery was going slow.

Mark
Prayers are most appreciated, thank you.. Yeah man feels like I've been hit by a truck :) there's good days where I don't ache as much, then there is the days I have the hit by a truck feeling and my body just aches...

i sent him a text earlier today but haven't heard back yet. i'll try e-mail...i'll let you guys know if i hear anything from him.
Jay I never received a text, but that wouldn't be the first time my phone acted up either.

happy b-day!
good luck with the surgeries, glad to hear you're all healing up, even if it is slowly.
Thanks bro I really appreciate it..

Happy birthday and best wishes! Love your work and hope you're on your feet again soon :).
Thank you !! I appreciate the kind words..

Rob
Hell of a way to celebrate your birthday. In spite of all that has happened, never forget to count your blessing. Glad to hear from you and look forward to seeing what your "steel/shop therapy" produces for the rest of us to see. Take care friend
All the best
Balding

Thank you, I do count my blessings everyday... Haven't had any steel therapy yet but plan to finish up a MANchete for a certain someone, and get Jays knife back out to him with some much improved mods from my earlier knives..

Happy (belated) borthday Rob! Prayers for you family, for sure. Glad you're all recovering, though the road seems to be a long one.

Thank you sir I really appreciate it..

Hey Rob! A late Happy Birthday from me too, Brother!
I had only come to your forum a few days, when that accident struck you and your family...
From the pix and your description we all could kind of imagine what you guys must have gone through, but actually, at least for my part,
I think i had no freakin clue how deep the scars have been and still are.
I have been coming back to see if you are back in the saddle, but maybe for far to egoistic reasons. All that matters is your health and your wifes one!
She is really tough, and I´m trying to imagine my girlfriend going through this hell... it makes me sad!
So also thoughts sent from me!
It´s a very good start I guess, to get back to what you like doing, after you took care of whats really important in life.
I hope it gives you joy and power to take on what still lies ahead!
As the fella above I wanna state, that you gotta relax and do what´s best for you and your beloved ones... we´ll be here no matter when
you decide to post steel here again!
All the best and Merry Xmas!
Max

Thank you man It goes along way and I appreciate it..

Although I've had no time in the shop I have had a little mental therapy for the last week as I've decided to start playing bass again after not doing so in around 5 yrs or so, Its almost like starting all over again... I've made the decision if I don't play hard and long this time I'm going to sell all my gear as I've had multiple instruments around for over 20yrs since my gigging days and I just pick it up from time to time... I really feel I found a whole new love/desire again to play and its exciting..

with that said I'm going to try to get some shop time in this weekend and I'm hopeful to at least finish up some loose ends on a couple knives, and maybe finish the mock-up on my new design..

Also I have an idea for a give-away and look forward to kicking it off next year with some other goodies down the pike as well..

take care,
Rob

I just received a PM from Rob alerting me to the fact I am the very proud owner of the verry first Creekster ever made! :) :).

I took his advice and am now subscribed to his sub forum. I look forward to visiting here frequently, and to building my collection of Battle Creek Knives.

My two. I know now one is THE Creekster, what is the smaller one?

1357022637.5541.iPicit.jpg

1357022815.4615.iPicit.jpg

1357022953.3218.iPicit.jpg

Picture of Kydex sheath.

1357023159.1356.iPicit.jpg

The crazy sharp edge and cool patina

Last edited:
I just received a PM from Rob alerting me to the fact I am the very proud owner of the verry first Creekster ever made! :) :).

I took his advice and am now subscribed to his sub forum. I look forward to visiting here frequently, and to building my collection of Battle Creek Knives.

Glad to see you here man !!!! Not only did you get the first one I ever made but a slamming deal from what I seen from the sales thread as I don't think it was hardly even used, but PO had told me it became his personal edc duty knife.. awesome score even with that hideous sheath :D

working on the CAR-Heart design today as well as laminating some handles, don't want to push myself just yet because when I go at it its going to be full on I just feel it, its been far to long !!!

Can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve Rob! Welcome back.

My two. I know now one is THE Creekster, what is the smaller one?

1357022637.5541.iPicit.jpg

Nice pics..!!! I remember those two, they were sold as a pair to a member here iirc, who later sold them again as a set.. I thought you had the Creekster with curly maple handles?? I must have my wires crossed, those two are a design I made a handful of and stopped making.. When I listed these I didn't have a name for them so I coined them accordingly because the steel was so thick...

the big one I called 'WoodChunk', and the smaller WoodChip...

the creekster is actually bigger then those and is typically 9"oal with a 4" blade..

those are tanks and I remember them well, I highly doubt you could break one..:D

Can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve Rob! Welcome back.

Thanks man, I have a template made and I'm ready to roll... gonna start out slow as I also have a lot on my plate at lifes table at the moment...

take care and HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!
Rob

Last edited:
good to hear you're back among the living again Rob - hope 2013 treats you better than 2012 did!

Back