Has Cold Steel EVER Offered Replacement Pocket Clips For Sale ?

Has anyone ever received one they have ordered ?
In the FAQs file on the Cold Steel web site I saw they offered replacement pocket clips for a fee.
That's perfectly fair.
I called and asked to order one.
The person took my info and order.
He refused to take my payment. Said they would just ship it out N/C.
I thought that was odd since it wasn't a warranty problem; I just wanted to buy a clip.
Then I thought . . . how nice . . . I'm going to buy more stuff from these guys for sure . . . they're being really beyond the call here.

Then no clip came.
I called and ordered another one.
No clip came.

so . . . what am I to think ?
It's been a month or more.

Maybe there is just a shortage of unobtainium to make clips out of . . .
or some shtuff . . .

As they sent it free to you, they probably picked the cheapest shipping option that may take more time. I never had something shipped from cs, but one time I ordered new screws from spyderco and they took about a month to come (i live in Canada).

It sometimes takes awhile. I've gotten clips and thumbstuds from CS before and they've taken some time. In addition to them using the cheapest shipping option because the do it free of charge, I think it's possible that they don't ship things like that out every day. I've ordered clips from Spyderco before (for a fee) and they told me when I placed the order that they only ship those things out once a week, so it may take additional time due to that.

Mine supposedly went out more than six months ago (AUS8 med Voyager). Haven't used it since the clip broke a few years ago.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the optimistic and some what encouraging words.

For the most part.

Mine supposedly went out more than six months ago

Soooooo ahhhhhh . . . Cold Steel Forum Moderator . . . Capitano . . .

What say dude ?

I mean I'm perfectly willing to pay for the clip and pay for a decent shipping interval.

Please and Thank You.​

By the way a month is just unforgivable. These knives are tools. Who ships tools with a month turn around ?
I ordered a faucet valve for the kitchen yesterday, Sunday, and I'm getting it tomorrow, Tuesday. No special shipping fee.

. . .
. . . .
I looked at the knife maker suppliers but the shape of the top of the clip is smaller and a different shape so I can't file it bigger so it will look right . . . be sides I WANT OEM. Good as new and all like that.

By the way a month is just unforgivable. These knives are tools. Who ships tools with a month turn around ?
I ordered a faucet valve for the kitchen yesterday, Sunday, and I'm getting it tomorrow, Tuesday. No special shipping fee.

You're getting pissed over something you didn't pay for??

Ever call Surefire for warranty parts? I broke a clip on an E2E. Called Surefire. Sure we'll replace it. It showed up a month later. Big companies ship small parts orders at their convenience.

Last time I checked there are tons of other companies. Go with them if CS Customer Service isn't fast enough for you.

You're getting pissed over something you didn't pay for??

No
I'm feeling lied to and frustrated that I read on a vendor's site that I can order a replacement part and pay for it.
Then they refused to take my money
and apparently they want me to think they shipped a part (twice) but have no intension of shipping it.

This is something I should be pleased with ?
Would you be happy if I treated YOU that way ?
One month, two months . . . six months !

I believe the technical jargon for this transaction is : Mickey Mouse Game.
or that is the way it is beginning to sound after I heard about the six month wait.
Why can't they at least say "We don't have those clips. We don't know when we will have more. This could take a while." Rather than what I was told "We will ship that out to you".

Do you hear the difference ?

Last edited:
tbenedict,

(AUS8 med Voyager)

Hey . . . try this . . . it is basically what I did to get a longer clip but I kept the knife.
Call cold steel. Order a new AUS8 med Voyager. or the CTS-XHP . . . BD1 . . . what ever equivalent.
I bet you get it in less than six months.
Take the clip off and send it back saying you got a knife and it didn't come with a clip so you are sending it back for a refund.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
They probably wait until the requests build up for awhile and send the bunch all at once.

I know some of our clips are currently out of stock
Give our team a call toll free at (800) 255-4716 - they will be able to advise you
Thanks

Has anyone ever received one they have ordered ?
In the FAQs file on the Cold Steel web site I saw they offered replacement pocket clips for a fee.
That's perfectly fair.
I called and asked to order one.
The person took my info and order.
He refused to take my payment. Said they would just ship it out N/C.
I thought that was odd since it wasn't a warranty problem; I just wanted to buy a clip.
Then I thought . . . how nice . . . I'm going to buy more stuff from these guys for sure . . . they're being really beyond the call here.

Then no clip came.
I called and ordered another one.
No clip came.

so . . . what am I to think ?
It's been a month or more.

Maybe there is just a shortage of unobtainium to make clips out of . . .
or some shtuff . . .

What model are you needing a clip for?

UCPOPO,

Thank you for the kind thought.
I found one old style (regular carry) after market, Spyderco , titanium clip that looks nearly perfect.
Other than the fact that it is about thirty dollars with shipping it is anodized dark blue; which looks really cool now but I know it will scrape off over time. I wouldn't mind a ti colored one but have not been able to locate one yet.

Two months and counting.

All indicators indicate that good things are afoot.

Last edited:
Two months and counting.

Send me a PM with your contact info and the model / clip you are looking for
I will try and track one down personally.
As I said, I know there are several models that are out of stock, so I can't promise anything - but I'll take a look

I've been waiting for a left hand clip for a Code 4 for several months now, was told twice one would be sent out, then nothing ever came.

Back