Has Dave every done a "Rough Out" tutorial?

How bout a rough out Carlos border stamp combo? Dang it we made two pair of rough out spur straps last evening, wasn't taking pics though. Gonna have to wait though for a bit, going shooting out at the ranch. Funny thing on them spur straps, Nichole forgot and started with the glueing of the lining and forgot. I caught her before too much damage was done. She'd only glued up the wrong side of one strap.

Dave. Please. This would be perfect. I would just like to know the finer points or perparing the flesh side and then stamping it. You get such clean and even results - so I would like to know how you do it.

What leather do you start with - and how do you get it ready for stamping - that's what I need.

Jason

My favorite boots are rough out, makes scuffs and cuts a thing of the past, although still have to clean and oil them like normal. Can't even picture what a rough out sheath would look like............

Rough out leggings.

FGzOLxV.jpg

Jko1eJ8.jpg

Rough out rifle scabbard.

8LWvv7u.jpg

Rough out spur straps.

DY1c2LD.jpg

8XSWQ6g.jpg

Rough out pancake sheath.

iMDjcyV.jpg

Rough out martingale with silver dollars.

yqqIhuQ.jpg

Rough out and rough out highlights.

FL7kDRE.jpg

RupdrJa.jpg

jkv6vc9.jpg

B8rsjgI.jpg

XDEvtry.jpg

i6bjG6t.jpg

Yep done a few things here and there.

Dave,
Did you line the rifle scabbard? What weight leather did you use for the outside and inside if any?

Thanks
Steve Hostetler

No I could but have never really seen a reason too. It's single ply 8/10oz Wickett and Craig. I make a bunch of those. S SHostetler

Back