Has there been talk of a Maxamet Military?

NJBillK

Custom Leather and Fixed Blade modifications.
How's it going folks?

I was curious if anyone has heard anything about a possible Maxamet Military?

I have not, but I feel that the blade shape/length/geometry would work well with the alloy and the strengths afforded by it, namely it's fantastic slicing, and the amount of cutting edge available.

Has anyone heard anything in the rumor mill?

I'm curious to see what shade of gray G-10 it'll be (assuming they stick with gray). If it is, I hope it's the dark gray that was on the Cruwear Para 2.

if they make a maxamet military i really hope its a titanium RIL framelock with peel ply carbonfiber show side. id buy it today right now.

i havent heard anything about it if so. where did Sal say it was in going to eventually happen?

if they make a maxamet military i really hope its a titanium RIL framelock with peel ply carbonfiber show side. id buy it today right now.

i havent heard anything about it if so. where did Sal say it was in going to eventually happen?

I like this idea although it would be identical to the current KW exclusive s90v except the blade steel correct? Not sure if the competiton is of a concern of Spyderco/dealers. And what would be the price point? Can't be $280 right? But $300+ will be a new price range (currently only a couple of spydercos in that range if I am correct).

Reactions: Mo2
I like this idea although it would be identical to the current KW exclusive s90v except the blade steel correct? Not sure if the competiton is of a concern of Spyderco/dealers. And what would be the price point? Can't be $280 right? But $300+ will be a new price range (currently only a couple of spydercos in that range if I am correct).
I don't see maxamet being super expensive. It's not expensive in other models. So dont see it going over 280. Heck the other one went for 250 on more than one occasion. I think 3 sales were around 250 iirc? But yea same knife but instead of s90v, maxamet. That would be my most favorite knife

Last edited:
A RIL Maxamet Military would approach $300.00. That would put me and many others out of that model. Hopefully Spyderco sticks with a tried and true G10 handle in the darker shade of gray.

For those that want Ti handles you can always do a blade swap.

Both a G10 and a Ti model would be pretty sweet! :D A full Ti model, with RIL and tip up carry, could quite possibly be my perfect EDC! :cool: :thumbsup:

@Sal Glesser
Has there been talks about a Maxamet Military?

If you can say whether there has been talks; - Does it look like a viable option for a sprint?
- Is there a tentative time frame?

If the (much) smaller PM3 received a Maxamet, how well do you think the added 1" blade length would be received on the Military in said alloy?

There have been talks on the Spyderco company forum and we have been told that it is in that plans but the sales of the current Maxamet offerings will determine if those plans come to fruition or not. The plan is to release it in all the same models as S110V as a regular production option. So it is not a sprint, it is regular production. There are never tentative time frames, it just leads to disappointments.

I would say that if anything the announcement of a Maxamet Para3 is a good thing. The ManixLW Native5LW and Mule which have been released all use 3mm blade stock. The Para3 uses the thicker blade stock that the Para2 and Military use. Hopefully they ordered a lot of it. ;)

I like titanium but for a big knife like the Military, full ti just adds too much weight and more importantly makes the knife off balanced. Fluted version does not help much either.

I am yet to try out the kw exclusive ti/cf s90 Military. For those who have owned one, how is the balance? Is the balancing point right at the finger groove?

I like titanium but for a big knife like the Military, full ti just adds too much weight and more importantly makes the knife off balanced. Fluted version does not help much either.

I am yet to try out the kw exclusive ti/cf s90 Military. For those who have owned one, how is the balance? Is the balancing point right at the finger groove?

Just barely towards the back of the grove. Definitely in the ballpark though.

Back