Hats & Knives

Baseball cap guy here. I feel lost without one on. This is the only pic I had on hand, I might have to try and get a few better ones later.

IMG_20131001_210721-1-1_zps9cec5c6c.jpg

I'm also a flat black cap man, but wear a ball cap or something with a brim in the summer, and something I can pull over my ears when it's cold.

In that case Jack yer in for a treat-and its headed your way soon I hope.
Tomorrow is FB union bowls day -that's lawn bowls(the old blokes game). I happen to be an expert player
.Its gunna be hot tho out there on the green with the music blaring and the schooners flowing.
I shall wear my good hat and forward pics later. Its a fair stagger home up the hill and Janette will not be keen to pick me up.Maybe I should ride my bicycle down there/ Naaah.
meanwhile heres a fairly good hat and an awesome blade.
2013-07-30150317_zpse6f2a3fc.jpg

In that case Jack yer in for a treat-and its headed your way soon I hope.

:) :) :)

Great knife Meako, I remember you winning that one :thumbup:

Good luck at spanking the old fellers at bowls! ;) :D

Here is a Great old hat with a great old knife. The hat was made in about 1915 by an Ojibwa basket maker known as Mrs Snake of Snake island Lake Simcoe Ontario.It is woven with bullrush from which she made hats and soft bags. The harness jack is a Miller Bros, a gift from Charlie.

Have a great knife day folks.

Robin
10837655726_45fdccb933.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
10837935293_62415514b3.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Here is a Great old hat with a great old knife. The hat was made in about 1915 by an Ojibwa basket maker known as Mrs Snake of Snake island Lake Simcoe Ontario.It is woven with bullrush from which she made hats and soft bags. The harness jack is a Miller Bros, a gift from Charlie.

Have a great knife day folks.

Robin
10837655726_45fdccb933.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
10837935293_62415514b3.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Beautiful hat and knife :)

Usually a ball cap for me as well, though I also favor a Tilley on bright sunny days or on mountain hikes (not much hair on the top of my melon), and sometimes a wool flat cap in winter. Here's my Case peanut showing off with my trusty Florida State cap ...

NUTfsuhat.jpg

-- Mark

Wearing a couple of Swedes around on this cold morning at the farm. My older Frost's 611 on a surplus Swedish Army cap (with ear flaps :)).

AcoupleofSwedes_zpsd066068c.jpg

I'm also a flat-cap guy. Here's the cover I'm wearing today, with a knife that I think matches it well.

knifehat.jpg

And the label... American made, union labor. Don't see that much any more. This hat is several decades old (I'd guess 1970s manufacture). Still about 20 years younger than the knife, though. ;)

hatlabel.jpg

Neat idea for a thread; I'm going to enjoy looking at all the pics, and seeing what you folks use to cover your nut. :thumbup:

Back