have a fav Schrade?

I only get a new pocket knife every few years when i wear out the old one. 'just not a collector I guess. One of the best knives I have ever had though was a Schrade single blade trapper with the brass"liner lock" No. 140 I think? I wore the blade out in about a year and a half sharpening it almost every day. At the time I was working in a big Dept. store and cutting MILES and MILES of corrugated cardboard every day, which is very abrasive. But with a little daily touch up and steeling the knife stayed card board whizzin sharp. I loved to pull it out and zip around a huge packing carton in front of a customer, zooooeeeeep!sheeples eyes would bug out. A great knife and a great design. I'd like to see it just a bit bigger.

For me, for many years, my favorite has been the Uncle Henry 897UH. Excellent 3-bladed knife. I really like the pocket friendly rounded bolsters. I was "fortunate" enough to get to use the loss guarantee shortly after I bought this knife in 1985. I've kept the replacement ever since.

Ken Warner in his book, "The Practical Book of Knives" listed this knife as his favorite carry at that time (1976).

Dean

Back