Have knife retailers and distributors started dropping Benchmade knives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The crooked river was my last benchmade purchase, and it was used;i haven't seen anything I like from them since.

Only the chicken little variety, who think BM has to bend to there will or else. I have over 50 firearms, bought my house on the same street as the local gun club (The only house on the street), and am a veteran who believes in rights. So my "gun guy" credentials are legit. Still not gonna demand anyone does as I want or suffer wrath. That's as anti American as it gets. The absurdity of this outrage is astounding. BM is free to hold whatever political beliefs they want. They haven't broke any laws, taken anyone's guns, or done anything else that clearly says they want to. America isn't some banana republic were different views are evil. Get a grip, much greater problems exist for your outrage to be directed at. Guns are still cheap, plentiful, and if I'm being honest, ridiculously easy to get. The sky is NOT falling.

Who said the sky is falling? Companys have the right to donate to whatever cause they wish. One would think that they might be smart enough to lean a bit towards supporting a large percentage of those that actually purchase their products, not slap them in their face.
We as consumers also have the right to purchase from those company's that support our interests and not undermine them.
Some people have principles and will put their money where their mouth is and others will blindly go along with whatever gets shoved down their throat. I choose the former and will never purchase a Benchmade product again. I will also pass my thoughts on to my children and grandchildren in the hope they also will stand up for what they believe to be in line with their political philosophy. Will it impact Benchmades sales? Only a tiny number of blades but I can go to bed knowing I am doing what I believe is the right thing to do.

Bu
Who said the sky is falling? Companys have the right to donate to whatever cause they wish. One would think that they might be smart enough to lean a bit towards supporting a large percentage of those that actually purchase their products, not slap them in their face.
We as consumers also have the right to purchase from those company's that support our interests and not undermine them.
Some people have principles and will put their money where their mouth is and others will blindly go along with whatever gets shoved down their throat. I choose the former and will never purchase a Benchmade product again. I will also pass my thoughts on to my children and grandchildren in the hope they also will stand up for what they believe to be in line with their political philosophy. Will it impact Benchmades sales? Only a tiny number of blades but I can go to bed knowing I am doing what I believe is the right thing to do.
But benchmade still isn't anti gun. I know you guys want a boogeyman to be scared of, but this ain't it.

I can't speak to any supported legislation, as all are compromise and an attempt to solve a certain problem. If the problem is not agreed upon, then obviously the legislation will not be viewed as useful by one or more "sides".
As for locked transport, it makes sense to me since it would be difficult to know all the local and state laws along a certain route, and thus like the many cases of someone getting pulled over with alcohol, unknowingly in a dry county, having a transport exemption makes sense. Now, if the law was then not effective, that is a different story. I would see it as a stepping stone to locked transport for NFA items, or even interstate commerce and shipping.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/1092/text
This bill would have let you go from one state to another with a knife. It doesn't actually let you carry the knife in the state.

So in my case, I could travel to Vermont from Connecticut with my 4" blade through Massachusetts and not be arrested for not obeying Massachusett's more restrictive knife laws. I could only stop for food or lodging, but I would have to leave the knife in the car, locked. It would be easier to just carry a 2" blade and not worry about it at all if you are traveling between states.

This is the reason that was given in Benchmade's video response for supporting those politicians. This is the hill that Benchmade chose.

I've heard pretty conflicting things about those politicians. What makes them anti gun?

Rather than make an incorrect statement (which you have) it may be better if you googled the names on Benchmade's donation list. I grabbed one random Senator Ron Wyden and learned a lot about his incredible very public anti gun position.

Last edited:
Rather than make an incorrect statement (which you have) it may be better if you googled the names on Benchmade's donation list. I grabbed one random Senator Ron Wyden and learned a lot about his incredible very public anti gun position.
Reading up on him, I didn't see anything too bad honestly. Hes for more background checks and against illegal gun sales. Any other names with some more extreme positions?

Pretty sure that despite the supposed actual pretext of this thread, not one single actual vendor has been listed by name. Just 8 more pages of the same ol' same ol'.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/1092/text
This bill would have let you go from one state to another with a knife. It doesn't actually let you carry the knife in the state.

So in my case, I could travel to Vermont from Connecticut with my 4" blade through Massachusetts and not be arrested for not obeying Massachusett's more restrictive knife laws. I could only stop for food or lodging, but I would have to leave the knife in the car, locked. It would be easier to just carry a 2" blade and not worry about it at all if you are traveling between states.

This is the reason that was given in Benchmade's video response for supporting those politicians. This is the hill that Benchmade chose.
You are going to have to help me understand what I'm missing here. From where I sit I'm hearing that you gained an inch, when you feel you should have gained a mile, and complaining that you think you lost an inch because the slippery slope only goes one way. It would seem to me that any win is a win, why is this one a poisoned well for you? From the sounds of it, they weren't going to get a choice on who they were dealing with, so is it money well spent to even get a small win?

Why would a law allow the resident to follow their home state's law? Yes I understand that there are CCW reciprocity laws between certain states, but isn't the point of a state that they get to make their own laws, apart from the others? I'm honestly lost here. Using my other example, if I'm from out of town and my home state allows public consumption of alcohol, should I be allowed to do that in a dry county?

At this stage I really do not understand why any of this matters. Unless that answer is tribal politics. That's the only thing I can see as a reason for it. I'm really trying to get it. I understand that overall the numbers are low, but to the rest of the world it sure looks like the US has a problem and a refusal to acknowledge or address it.

"Shall not be infringed" sounds pretty black and white to me. You donate to un-American politicians, well it makes you un-American. Everyone wants to say they don't have a dog in this fight but you are so wrong. About half this country wants you totally disarmed and yea, that's knives too. Many have suggested that Benchmade make a very public and sizable donation to G.O.A. which would go a long way towards restoring their dignity. We must realize that if we don't hang together we will surely hang separately. Not one more inch. You listening NRA?

So you stop thinking and blindly follow the twittera ty.

How i love social media

You have no longer memory than anyone else, your feels don't matter more than anyone elses.

You're a couple hundred pounds of fail like everyone else, so triggered snowflake zero people care

Anyone who has less than 20 posts who posted in this thread is marked on my radar as a troll account.

Been a few posts since somebody actually tried to make an answer toward the original question.

time to shut this one down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back