Have you ever dropped your knife?

Rarely, and even then mostly when closed. I have dropped kitchen knife few times but my spoderman reflexed have saves me from pain.

I've thrown one sideways when ordered by a cop. Waste of a good Svord Deluxe Gen Purpose 6".

Unfortunately, my hands are getting rather stiff (cutting meat in a cooler for 45 years did a wonder with my dexterity) and I need thicker handles for me to grip as I have a harder time to grip tightly. So I tend to drop slimmer knives more than more robust ones.

I have dropped my mini grip (luckily it stuck in my knee ,as I was sitting on the bed, saving it from sticking into the hardwood floor), my 0450cf and the worst is the Kyzer Sliver. I swear that thing is like trying to hold a 1/2" aluminum dowel covered in liquid soap.

Was running through the rain one evening in the parking lot of a restaurant. Heard something clatter and didn't think much of it until I got home. Had lost my Lonewolf Kelly fixed blade. Called the restaurant the next morning and someone had turned it in to the lost and found. Minimal damage, with a few edge dings and a tiny chunk out of the handle. I was just glad to have it back. I've since found a new sheath for it.

Yup!!!!! Some survived the fall unscathed, others were damaged or they damaged the object they landed on. One incident comes to mind involving a new Microtech LUDT. I was sitting in my wife’s car playing with my new knife, and when I popped the blade open, it flew out of my hand and landed tip first on the car seat. Needless to say, I learned my lesson.

if i've held it, I've probably dropped it....can't recall a time I've dropped an knife with an exposed blade though

Unfortunately yes, and it happened yesterday for the first time in a long time. Dropped my LW Manix 2 onto a concrete floor and didn't break the tip but took a small chunk that I'll have to sharpen out on the KME.

I’ve dropped a knife more than once but one time in particular comes to mind. I’m not even sure how but I dropped my Spyderco Gayle Bradley. Even more perplexing was it somehow opened on its way down. Luckily? it landed in my foot preventing any damage to the tip, lol! Only took 3 months for the feeling to completely return to the spot where it stuck in.

You mean today? I haven't dropped it today but the day isn't over.

I have dropped several and other than chipping a scale on a Case Toothpick, I've never damaged one or tried to grab it mid fall.

I dropped my first Swiss Army Knife in a lake, never to be seen again. I was broken hearted for days. I frequently drop knives but have been fortunately able to resist the urge to grab them mid-fall. Most of the time they only fall from about waist height onto wood floors. I figure if it can't take that, its next drop will be into a trash can.

I once opened my Kershaw Needs Work with a weak grip, well that spring is so strong and snappy it popped the knife right out of my hand.
My luck the blade hits my screen for the sliding patio door on the way down and puts a one inch gash in it, and its still there 3 years later.

I dropped a brand-new Spyderco Vallotten... tried to catch it... (bad move)... deep spider-bite that had my wife driving me to the ER (Sunday 11PM) - arrived and the bleeding had stopped... I hadn't thrown up (yea!) or passed out (my wife's biggest concern)...

got sat on a gurney in a hallway... between 4 rooms... one had a gang-banger with a GSW (crying like a little child)... one had an elderly man with post MI cardiac resuscitation - one had what sounded like ebola-virus plague patient coughing up a lung... one had a recently deceased patient... the PA asked my wife an I "Who here has the 'boo-boo finger'"

I was sent home with a steri-strip and bandage ($100.00 bandage)

the knife was no worse for wear...

Back