Have you ever made a perfect knife?

I know this question begs for a response from every knife maker who reads this forum. I will start with myself. I have made and sold about 500 or so knives but I can't remember a perfect one. Am I the only one? I just finished one today that I have worked on (on and off) for two months as a gift to a friend. I wanted it to be perfect but once again I can find a tiny flaw. My wife thinks the knife is perfect but her judgment is in question anyway. Do I have better chances of catching a unicorn? Larry

]
0zU9X69m.jpg

The perfect knife is made with a blade of unobtanium, a unicorn handle, and the hand sanding is done by knifemaker named Sisyphus. It isn't finished yet.

If you look hard enough you can find a flaw in anything.
I've made some knives that are very hard to find those flaws, but they are not perfect

Most if not all of the people who have my knives (which is not a lot) say they like the imperfections as it gives them character and the true feel of hand made. Although I strive to make each one better than the last. I myself must say the same, I like a knife with character.

Ive made a knife or two that has performed perfectly. Which i what i always strive for.
Still a long way to go for a perfect knife.
Always learning and improving!

Back