Have you ever seen anything creepy? V2

Was hunting with a friend a few seasons ago, had just gotten into hunting so he was teaching me. We were hunting an old tree farm. We were about 200 yards apart and couldn't see each other, him being in a tree stand me in a ground blind. One morning we were out there the squirrels were running around like usual(they are massive squirrels, like the size of my forearm) and I heard something from behind me a few hundred yards back. Didn't think much of it, to my back and back right was a farm with cows and the squirrels are running around all over. And then it sounded like a tree being pushed over followed by a loud distinct grunt. I paused for a second. There was a deep How-woo-ah and all the cows started mooing and sounded like they took off. I never had the nerve to turn around. Told my buddy about it and we joked about it being Bigfoot. I mean Bigfoot in central illinois? Come on. The grunt was probably a buck after all it was the middle of the runt and the rest was the cows.

The next time we're driving out there at 4:30 in the morning like we usually do, and he starts telling me about his friend that usually hunts that property also, but hadn't been out there at all that season. So he asked him why not, his friend just said "been busy" and that was that. Now my buddy is a sheriff, and his buddy who hunts that same area is too and they have seen some pretty scary stuff and can handle on the job stress pretty well. But his friend later that day walks up to him white as ghost, and starts showing him some trail cam photos with nothing in it, then what kinda looks like a hairy thing. Not much tho. Then he tells him why he hasn't been out there. He was out checking his trail cam back in like august and felt something was nearby but just went on with the camera when he smelled something he explained as a mix between a wet dog and a dirty towel. Looked up and there was a big created standing on two legs looking at him, for about 30 seconds before it turns around and walks away in two legs. My buddy said his friend was ghost white, and looked like he could have just been stabbed in the gut he was that scared still. Let me tell you after hearing that story on the way out to the same property, all I could think of was the how-woo-ah.

Does it count if you are the creepy?
My nephews were visiting and I went for a walk around my place... my nephews decided to try to follow me and sneak up on me, not the first time they have tried this.
Now People that grew up in the city don't have a lick of sense when it comes to keeping quiet so I heard them coming and laughing about how they were gonna scare me. I simply walked into the bush a few meters and stood behind a tree and watched them walk past, I then followed them for around 3km without them ever suspecting, they even wondered where the hell I was, then as we got back close to the house, I cut through the bush and beat them home.

When they came in the door I was watching TV and drinking ice cold water, I then proceeded to tell them everything they talked about on their walk.
They both went completely white.

To this day they still don't know I simply followed their noisy asses.

Great thread.

One tine back in high school my friends and i decided to check out ab old abandoned hospital. It was abandoned in the 90s at some point, but one of my friends mom used to work there. He get in through the back door and check out lower levwl one and its pitch dark. We had lights and wanted to check lower level 2, but the stairway leading there was even darker. So we aired caution and decided to go to the upper levels. So we go past first floor and check out 2, and 3. We see typical abandoned hospital shit, gourneys, a few left over peices of equipment. We make ourway to the 4th floor. And it gets a bit uncomfortable but not horrible. I wasnt too bothered by it, so all 4 of us kept looking around. Friend C happens to go near the stairwell and quietly motions to us. And then tells Friend K that hea hears voices or something. So friend K goes over and listens and is visibly nervous after. Both of those 2 are always joking around and not easily shaken. Friend C, was boarderline ghost white. Friend S said it was likely a crackhead or some homeless guy. But we started headingback the way we came, very quietly. The way back down i swear you could have heard a pin drop. No one made a sound. It was much more eerie the way down. Only 2 of us had lights and maybe 3 of us small to medium pocket knives. But none of us wanted to go toe to toe with a crackhead and dirty needles kr whatever else was there. We eventually made it back out side and closed the door and retreated to a different building.
At this point everyone is unsettled and we got out of there in a hurry.
We basically ran throgh the woods in sections and had one kid keep watch in the back and then switch and leapfrog to always have someone watching.
We got outta there asap once we got to the car.

Maybe not super scary but definitely creepy and sketchy. Next time we went by, all first level was sealed shut. No way in or out.

At summer camp with the scouts this year had a couple of run ins with some big raccoons. I think it was Monday night and I heard them start walking in the gravel under the pavilion, we only had some snack stuff locked away relying on the mess hall to feed us the meals. So I figure they been here a long time and have learned where the food normally is, under the pavilion. Fall back asleep. Wake up maybe 20 minutes later and can hear them sniffing around the some of the tents, me being an adult had my own tent. So I hear one come by and there’s enough moonlight to kinda see a shadow so I smack the tent wall and it goes scurrying off into the woods. Had a good laugh, went back to bed. Woke up later again to the same thing but down by my feet so I kick the tent wall and scare it off. I figured twice is enough, but I guess coons are like horses. Gotta do it three times before it’s habbit, now I’m not sure if there was three different ones or the same one but I get woken up again and figure that’s enough of getting woken up by some pesky coons. Hit the wall of the tent real hard to spook it off, the tent normally flexes out a bit but this time it moved about an inch before snaking right into the belly of that coon. That thing hisses like a mad cat on cocaine, scared the two of us.

A few nights later I decided to sleep in my hammock slung up in between two of the poles holding the roof of the pavilion up. Woke up to them under the pavilion again looking for any food left out and then heard them walk out and start going around the tents again. I watched them for a bit and saw one coming back towards me so I turned on my light and saw the biggest four Raccoons I’ve ever seen, things were like the size of my 45 pound dog. So I make some noise and I don’t think they expected that considering they took off running but I heard them maybe 15 minutes later on the gravel again. Next thing I know some thing is grabbing the bottom of my hammock! One of the fellow adult leaders said he woke up at 3:00am to go to the bathroom only to hear some one yell “what the hell is that!” Followed by a loud thunk, hissing noise, gravel being kicked up and some creeking noise, only to see a coon run like a thouroghbred towards the woods and me swinging back and fourth in my hammock.

Taking a back road we usually take on the way home about 2 years ago, we were driving along and about 100 feet in front of us, I saw sparkling lights of red, green, and blue. As my wife and I got closer, the figure of a very tall man in period attire (1850's I'm guessing) was floating across the road from right to left. I said to my wife, "you see that right?" "What the hell!"
It appeared for approximately 3-4 seconds then disappeared. A long black trench (the sparkling lights at the base of this..no feet) coat and top hat was plainly visible. Almost looked like Abe Lincoln in that famous photo of him standing with his Commanders if you know the one I mean.
Our area is rich in Spanish Colonial history and I've seen other wierd things but this was plain as can be and we both saw it. Something I'll never forget.

Two things in my life time.

1. While fishing on a large rock in the BWCA on a beautiful calm and sunny day I could see the water rippling a ways out and noticed it appeared to be getting closer this went on for some time until it reached us. It was a spider running across the lake. Big, fast, and ugly. Later I found out it was a fishing spider. Freaked me out.

2. BWCA again. My at that time 14 year old daughter after six days without electronic devices, worse then the spider.

Last edited:
Here is my story. We moved into our current house in 95. We are the third owners and the original owners, that had the house built in 1950. They apparently loved the house and both died in the house at different times of natural causes. We didn't know this when we bought the house either. We were happy to just get the house in a great suburb and we were out of the hood, and I mean the hood. So at the time of the move we obtained after much consideration a new PB doggo that became one of the family. Raised him from a pup and a better companion one could not ask for as for a dog. Well as he got older he would often stand in the doorway of our family room and look in to the living room and bark. Hair raising hackle barking.

Now I know this isn't outdoors in the woods kind of thing but none the less my first para normal experience. So one afternoon I'm watching the noon news and bumming out cause I have to be to work at 2:30. So of course Klondike starts barking for all he is worth. So I'm sitting in my chair and smell the distinct odor of a cigarette burning. Nice weather and have the windows open and figure its the d.b. next door smoking. So get up and look cause its a pretty strong smell and as I look out the window and glance back into towards the living room hushing the dog there stands a guy dressed in a set of clothes and old man would wear. Shirt and tie, trousers with a cardigan sweater standing just off to the side of the fire place and mantle smoking a cigarette. Now my adrenaline kicks in and I start to yell at him to say WTF, and poof he's gone just like that. I shite you not. In a nut shell thats it.
Told my next door neighbor about it and his wife was freaking out cause she said that sounds just like the original owner of the house that they knew well.

Back