Have you ever seen anything creepy?

@Waveone

Probably a coyote screaming. We farm sheep and coyotes like killing them and eating their tongue then leaving them to rot. I've heard them screaming like that a lot on the hills all around. It's unsettling when it's one, it's downright freaky when there are about 20 surrounding the farm and doing it at the same time.

I've taken up walking every night after work, and I've seen some sights. One night I heard a loud commotion in the cornfield, and pulled out my flashlight to see a coyote looking right back at me. I figured it thought it had hit the jackpot, but it took off. I only had a slipjoint on me and my flashlight, and ipod for tunes.

The next night I was walking past a heavily wooded area, and had my walking stick with me. Trying to keep the pace up, I tried to mimic some Ray Park moves with my walking stick, only to hear the most God awful alien like high pitched scream. I nearly had an accident, but saw that I had spooked a deer. That deer was panting like it had just run a marathon.

I've also had quite a few bucks and does bust out of the woods on me, about ten feet away usually. I stop and let them pass, and the bucks snort in the woods at me once they pass. Why does this happen when I don't have a shotgun in my hands?

One night in Marlborough State Forest, seven years ago, I was night hiking alone. I suddenly got a weird feeling and stopped, pulled my knife, and stood perfectly still. After a few seconds I started to think that I was being paranoid when, suddenly, the woods erupted about 10 yards in front of me.

The sound was like a roar and I was positive that I was about to die. I didn't see anything except the small white pines flail about as the autumn leaves whipped around. It was like a whirlwind. I basically saw a blur.

And ran for my life.

Eric

ps: it was a long time before I went into the woods again alone, at night.

K, my turn. I grew up in the sticks of Southern Illinois. We were on 8 acres, nestled inside a handfull of 250+ acre farms around us. "Trespassing" was not a thing for me growing up. Nobody cared where I walked as long as I did not trample crops and I kept my hunting to my Dad's place. I could literally walk for most of a day in any direction from my parents' house without seeing another human being if I didn't want to. I could fill books with stuff ranging from just plain weird all the way up to "WTF".

1) I dated a girl for a while who the parents were not fond of and eventually they banned her from the property. Well, I'd say I was going somewhere for the night but I'd really go pick her up, drive back home, and park up near the road on a trail we had, just out of sight from the road and way out of sight from the house so I don't think the parents ever knew I was there with her spending nights in a tent in our woods. I think mostly the car was not seen from the road. Well one night we're lying there asleep and I wake up to the sound of that "keew" sound a white tail deer makes right before he high-tails it. It thought maybe they just smelled us and knew we didn't belong, but then the whole herd did this stampede on either side of the tent, all around us and they took off across the nearby road and through the soy field on the other side. At this point I knew something was chasing them. It was also obvious it was not coyotes or I would have heard a lot of howling and yipping. In S. Illinois this leaves 2 other possibles: hominid or feline. I rolled up on top of the girl and put a hand over her mouth, woke her up and whispered that she was not to move or make a sound and we just lay there waiting. After a while I heard 2 faint footfalls right next to the tent but I think the cat passed on by in pursuit of the deer. For all I know he sat right next to the tent all night, I did NOT go out to find out, just sat there with my camping pistol, unable to sleep all night.

2) One night camping in SW Missouri I was frightened awake by the sound of a roar. Not human. Definitely coming from a large chest cavity, I'm sure it was around a 300 lb. black bear. Put on boots and headlamp, went outside and started growling and yelling at the woodsline, kukri in one hand, pistol in the other. I heard him saunter off but never saw him. I threw some decent sized rocks in that general direction and we didn't hear back from him all weekend. This was early spring and we were the first campers of the year.

3) One time in the woods I saw a human-shaped shadow that was running from tree to tree, staying just in my peripheral vision. I thought maybe I was seeing things from walking too hard uphill so I sat down to catch my breath. Smoke-shadow-human thing kept running around me, staying maybe 30 ft. away the whole time. The dog had his hackles up the whole time and he was generally very laid-back, big dumb lab/shepherd mix. We took off the way we came in.

4) As a kid in the country I watched the night sky a lot, drew the same picture of aliens over and over, used to think I could see their ships in the sky. To be fair, I have NO memory of any contact of any kind. I have NO memory of actually seeing one, or actually seeing a UFO, just probably shooting stars. This was when I was maybe 8. Moved back to the farm later in life with my wife and baby. We woke up one night and I experienced a brief sleep paralysis. For the record, I can actually fight sleep paralysis pretty darned well and make myself wake up and make the use of my limbs return. Well I did that this particular night and sat up. I could feel everything was all wrong. I could feel we were being scanned. Thank gods we were all in the same room or I would have been terrified for the 2 year old. I felt this weird pulling, sucking feeling in my legs and feet as if I were being drawn outside, and even felt some subliminal urges to go outside and investigate. At this point, with the weird feelings and sleep paralysis I thought it was possible I was dreaming so I woke my wife up. I asked her if she felt anything strange and she confirmed the weird pulling on her legs and feet, like a sideways gravity. I got out the rifle and and looked out the windows but never saw anything. Eventually the feelings subsided. I got an hour or two of sleep around dawn. All that said, when I watch these "I was abducted" shows on cable TV, I get this really sick feeling in the pit of my stomach and often experience PTSD-type episodes. I am pretty sure there are repressed memories somewhere in my head that have yet to surface. If I had the time I'd probably go to a good hypnotist and have them record a session with me.

Oh, have to include these from my time at the university. Long story short, they converted an old Catholic hospital into dorms. This is next to the neighborhood where the Exorcist kid actually lived. His name was Carl and he lived in Bel-Nor, Missouri. They brought him to the Daughters of Charity hospital briefly (same building I lived in) before transferring him downtown to SLU Hospital. The place was whack. I lived in the North wing, 3rd floor. Found out later that had been the psych ward.
Friend of mine made me come sleep on one of her bunk beds because she was freaked out to stay in the room. It was a suite with a shared bathroom between it and the next suite over. The suite on the other side of the bathroom was vacant that semester and locked. 3rd story, so no real good way in from outside. About 2:30 am we hear the shower curtain close and the water turn on. Couldn't take the suspense so I went in. Sure enough the shower was on. She said this happened frequently.

Well, her girlfriend was a total skeptic and let us know we were being stupid and she thought we were crazy. So one day the GF comes running down to my room, red-faced and literally had tears streaming down her face and she was shaking from head to toe. Says she knocked on her GF's door and heard noises like she was trying to sleep in and miss class. Said it was like very distinct groaning noises like someone half-asleep that did not want to be bothered. Said she heard things moving around like someone knocking junk off the nightstand. Well she had a key, so she went in to wake her GF up for class, only there was no one in the room. She checked the bathroom and the closet and there was no one there at all. That's when she freaked and ran down the hall to me. We went back down and there was still no sign of life there. As of the very next day she would never discuss the incident and acted like it had never happened, I assume because it did not fit with her skeptic's point of view.

Had this good friend years ago , Romi , long since moved. He had a common-law wife , Marlene. One day I was in need of an extra extension cord. I asked him if I could borrow one. He gave me a 20 footer. I said I'll give it back to you in a couple of days , no problem.

A few days later I bring it back and he chuckles a bit. I say " what is it?" He says to me, " Marlene's ex-husband hung himself with that cord." With my morbid sense of humour I replied ," Well, it still works fine , unfortunately he doesn't !"

He told me that Marlene came home from work one day , music was blaring out of the house and the backyard a mess and he was hanging out in the garage.

Btw , that same friend sold a $300,000 house and all his antiques and stuff and went to Belize with just a backpack , never to return.

A few months ago my girlfriend and I went to our local WMA (pine log in N. GA) which is a pretty rural area...

We pulled into the dirt parking lot and there was only one other car there, a super dirty late 80's early 90's American sedan, an oldsmobile or something I wasn't really paying attention to the make. I also noticed there were two what looked like 16-18 yr olds fishing in the creek just far enough away I couldn't distinguish their faces. We pulled in to the other side of the lot and as soon as we hopped out of the car we were both noticed the over powering smell of decaying animal. I figured there was a dead deer or hog just behind the trees / brush and thought nothing of it. We spent several hours there that day hiking and scouting for animal presence and had a very nice peaceful day with no issues.

As we were coming back and approaching the lot I kinda got this strange feeling and mentioned to my girlfriend to see if she could smell the dead animal anymore, because the scent had seemed to disappear. When we got next to our car it was clear that whatever was causing that odor before was no longer there. Thats when I had a sudden shock and remembered noticing something strange when we walked past the old car in the lot (which was now gone). I don't know why I didn't make the connection before - - There were at least half a dozen air fresheners hung all around the inside of the car - like you see in every horror/thriller movie... Now keep in mind, it was mid summer and there was no hunting going on, and whatever had been causing that oder had been decaying for at least a few days..

We are nearly positive there was a body in the trunk of that car - weather it was human or animal, we will never know...

Needless to say, if I ever pull up to that lot and see that car again - I'm turning around

Last edited:
I kayak fished a 31 mile stretch of river last summer with my friend and his brother, and we came across a super sketchy shack basically in the middle of no where. It almost looked like one of those deluxe sheds one can buy from Lowes or Home Depot, but somebody rigged an window air conditioning unit into the side of it, making us think people were using/living in it. At the time, my friend and I were 17 years old, and his brother was 15. I guess being teenagers we are programed to do stupid things in the name of adventure, so we beached the kayaks and went up to the shack to scope it out. The whole thing felt wrong, and we all shared the same thought without sharing a word. I don't know what it was exactly that made the place seem so... sinister. Maybe it was the 'Walking Dead' look to the place, the empty cleaning chemical bottles thrown around, or the fact that the shed seemed to be deliberately hidden. Anyways, just as we were about to go around to the back of the place we heard a car door shut. We got the hell out of dodge. Maybe i had a reason to run, maybe not. Maybe we heard a car door shut, maybe not. But we all bolted at the same time, And I had a chill down my spine for the next 10 minutes. Crazy crazy

I kayak fished a 31 mile stretch of river last summer with my friend and his brother, and we came across a super sketchy shack basically in the middle of no where. It almost looked like one of those deluxe sheds one can buy from Lowes or Home Depot, but somebody rigged an window air conditioning unit into the side of it, making us think people were using/living in it. At the time, my friend and I were 17 years old, and his brother was 15. I guess being teenagers we are programed to do stupid things in the name of adventure, so we beached the kayaks and went up to the shack to scope it out. The whole thing felt wrong, and we all shared the same thought without sharing a word. I don't know what it was exactly that made the place seem so... sinister. Maybe it was the 'Walking Dead' look to the place, the empty cleaning chemical bottles thrown around, or the fact that the shed seemed to be deliberately hidden. Anyways, just as we were about to go around to the back of the place we heard a car door shut. We got the hell out of dodge. Maybe i had a reason to run, maybe not. Maybe we heard a car door shut, maybe not. But we all bolted at the same time, And I had a chill down my spine for the next 10 minutes. Crazy crazy
Without a doubt, that was a meth lab. They're all over where I'm from.

Without a doubt, that was a meth lab. They're all over where I'm from.

That's what we kinda decided after we got over our 'serial killer' theories. I'm glad we got out of there when we did. I don't think a Walter White would have been cooking in that setup.

May have told this one, not sure. Kind of doubt it. Was about 5 or 6 at the time of this tale.

So, I was sitting in my little bedroom reading. The room had two windows, both of which had shades. Now, even as a kid, Ive known very well how to use shovel, axe, hammer, and other tools..and the sounds these tools make. Shovels, when thrust into the ground, make a very tell-tale sound. It was around 8 pm that night, dark as pitch out, and very cold. I wad reading a book from the library, quiet as a mouse. Then with no apparent reason, I start to hear the sounds of someone digging, just outside my window. Of course, I go get my dad. He tells me its probably nothing, to go to bed. So i went back into my bedroom..after a bit, the digging noises start again. That shovel steel on gritty soil. So, again, I go tell him. Again, Im sent back. Once more, and hes annoyed enough to go check. Sure enough, there was a small hole. Months later, I heard noises again. My dad goes and checks..nothing. Next day we find a small fire pit 150 yds from the house, in a wooded area, on our property. Hows that for creepy? Btw, the hole that was dug, was dug in a rectangle -- i.e...body length.

Last edited:
A lot of times when I'm on a dive, I feel like I'm being watched. Whenever I turn around, I see a fish or an otter or another diver staring at me.

This wasn't outdoorsy or anything, but I was walking in a very large, very fancy resort on Christmas eve (the resort is nearby my house and the decorations are nice, so I go look at them every year). Had to go to the bathroom, but right before I went in I got the "don't do it" feeling. Went to a more crowded area and stayed there. I felt like someone with very bad intentions was close by and I needed to get out fast.

This wasn't outdoorsy or anything, but I was walking in a very large, very fancy resort on Christmas eve (the resort is nearby my house and the decorations are nice, so I go look at them every year). Had to go to the bathroom, but right before I went in I got the "don't do it" feeling. Went to a more crowded area and stayed there. I felt like someone with very bad intentions was close by and I needed to get out fast.

You will never know, now, wether or not there was, and in that respect you are better off.

You will never know, now, wether or not there was, and in that respect you are better off.

I know. It was just odd, no one was even near me and the place was packed. My hand was literally an inch away from the door handle, and suddenly it just froze, I got the eery foreboding feeling, and as I turned to high-tail it, I noticed an even darker closet with the door cracked just enough for someone to watch out of. As soon as I was back in the light and 5 feet away from the bathroom door the feeling went away.

Back