Have You Visited AKTI Website

CJ Buck

I would love to get some feedback on how the website is laid out and what we could add or delete to make it more user friendly.

We have to be careful with our liability of giving "advice" so what additional information would you find helpful?

http://www.akti.org

[This message has been edited by CJ Buck (edited 21 June 1999).]

Eidited by Mike Turber to add URL

[This message has been edited by Mike Turber (edited 21 June 1999).]

Here are a few ideas...

1) I would rework the meta tags to make your site show up in the search engines better.
META NAME="KEYWORDS" CONTENT="ASSOCIATION, KNIFE, KNIVES, KNIFEMAKING, KNIFE LAWS, KNIFE EDUCATION, KNIFE LEGISLATION, KNIFE SAFETY."
The above is your current meta tag line for keywords. I could write a new one for you which would help a good bit in search engine placement. Also they need to be on every page and not just the main page.

2) You need a email list so people can get info from you on ocasion about what is going on at AKTI. This is very important and should not just be for paying members. You never know you may convert someone later after they join your list. This is an easy thing to do and you can use a server like listbot to do the work for you.

3) The AKTI website appears to be on the same server that Benchmade is. The server is VERY slooooooow. Verio.net is not rated high either. You can ping our site and you will see our server is extremely fast and we use only the fastest routes like Sprint and UUNet. Sprint and UUnet are the very best and our server is very fast. This may not mean very much to those with fast connection but you loose interest with the masses who have slower connections.

4) Remove the large flag graphic at the top. Most people use 13" monitors and at a low res and this causes them to scroll your page.

5) Move your site here
smile.gif
And let Spark and Myself manage it for you
smile.gif

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

[This message has been edited by Mike Turber (edited 21 June 1999).]

Just don't let Mike redesign it, as he is still a Padawan learner, and not yet a Jedi Master of the HTML.

Like everything else, there is always room for improvement, please feel free to contact us for suggestions.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

Thanks for the link to the forum BTW
smile.gif

Now if you could get Spyderco, Benchamde and others to do the same that would be nice.

Also thanks for allowing us at BladeForums to host this forum for you. We hope this will help AKTI and above all drive the membership up.

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
www.wowinc.com

Here is a new logo if you want FREE of charge....

akti-logo.jpg

New Logo
logo.jpg

Current Logo...

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
www.wowinc.com

Mike,
Your revised AKTI logo looks nice, but we're trying to stay consistent with the colors - would it help if you knew the PMS colors?
Jan

Sure, I am color blind so the PMS numbers would help
smile.gif

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
www.wowinc.com

Another suggestion would be to allow on-line processing of membership dues. This would be a big help in getting quick membership. Also an email list which is set up to automatically send emails to members who's membership is about to come up for renewal.

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
www.wowinc.com

Jan,

Welcome to the forums!
smile.gif
I will be sending the money that was raised for AKTI from that raffle later this week. Thanks for the materials you supplied.
smile.gif

Mike,

I will be sending the money for the forums later this week as well.

Regards,

Tom Carey

Mike,
Blue is PMS 295; Red PMS 1807. A couple of the printers I've used are color-blind! Thanks.
Jan

Thanks for the info. I will print this thread out before I leave today and take with me to discuss at AKTI board meeting.

Great suggestions. Any more please get them in today.

Thanks

Back