Haven’t been too active lately

Bmurray

Gold Member
just wanted to share with you all what’s been going on.... First of all we live well south of St.Louis actually out in the country a bit. Last Monday while I was headed to Cleveland for year end meetings with my company, someone did a drive by and shot at our house, and my new truck. One bullet went through the window, thru my lamp shade on my night stand and though two walls. The other went thru the outer wall and thru 7 pairs of loose hanging jeans on a quilt rack. Then we found one bullet ricocheted of the back of the cab of my new truck and into the garage while one bullet got lodged in the drivers door. Not 100% on who or why but could be from us calling and reporting on suspicious late night activity on an ol tree farm behind us or some young douche bags that don’t like my son. A lot of drugs and thieving starting to show up around here. The sheriffs department is great for making reports and that’s about it. I now have the state police on notice about this as well as the media. This will put some heat on the situation.

One thing for sure it put our plans to move to Perdido Key into high gear to get our boys out of here. Don’t worry, we’re very well armed and better suited to handle this than most law enforcement departments but shouldn’t have to. Even have some former special-ops guys involved wanting to look into the trash in the surrounding area.

Just wanted to share this with you guys as it has consumed a lot of my focus as of late. Last but not least, Merry Christmas to all of you be safe,

Bob

Bob,
Hang tough. No one stateside should ever have to live like this. Our troops train and serve to keep this lifestyle in the distance. Drugs have always been a creeping menace- much gang activity is due to drug trafficking. In this day and age we have to be careful on hikes on public land due to grows and meth labs.

I pray this situation is under control quickly and your family remains safe.

Bill

Bob, sorry to hear about this and glad no one was injured. If ever in a gunfight, I think I just might want to be in your truck (jk, I've seen what bullets of various calibers do to automobiles, and I really wouldn't want to be in one getting shot at; yours, though, sounds pretty special). I wish your family well and a very Merry Christmas!

Bob,

Very sorry to hear this. Do what ever it takes to keep your wife and family safe.

It could be random.
But it has neither the sound nor feel to it. Was anyone else's house targeted/hit??

You can fix the walls, and the truck. Get your family to a safe spot as soon as you can.
Folks like this always target the weak and the young. Because they are cowardly pieces of crap. Soft targets present a lot less risk to them.

Discuss with your family and have a plan.

Locals may not be much help. State boys perhaps a bit more. But they're pretty busy with this everywhere. Might be worth a call to the FBI depending on the circumstances.

Last edited:
That’s crazy Bob. Sorry this is happening. Hope they find who did this and the reason why. In the meantime. Be safe and keep an eye on your surroundings. Try to enjoy family and friend time during the holidays too.

Merry Christmas brother.

Terrible news Bobby. Your home is supposed to be your castle. Your place to feel safe. Where you shut the door behind you and relax. I can’t even imagine how it must feel to be dealing with what you describe. But I’m glad to hear you are all safe. However it happens, I very much hope the situation improves whether you move or not.

Wishing you the best bro Bmurray Bmurray

Damn man, so glad to hear you and your family were not hurt. Be careful and be well, and if your gut tells you to move to a better place, trust that. May you have a very Merry Christmas. I hope the State police get this sorted out--but LV's point about the FBI might be worth a try. Best, Anthony

Sorry to read this Bob....No sense in me mirroring what the other guys have already said. Except you can take this to the bank, I’ll travel to back you and yours up any day, any time, any circumstance. Take Care Brother

PS you’ll have to feed me though :cool:

Good Lord, that is horrible. Time to go to a hotel or something. What an evil thing to do to shoot through a house like that. Those people didn't care if they killed or who they killed. Take that shit serious.

Damn Bob, this is scary to hear. Thankfully no one was hurt from this. I've been telling you to hurry your ass up and get down here to Perdido. Sounds like you need to get down here sooner than later. Stay alert, stay alive brother! Give me a call if you need anything. I may know a few friends in low places that may be influenced with a few Benjis...:D

Back