Havin a barn raisin!

I have a tractor - it doesn't help, I'm still older than Todd... and tired....

yeah, but it lets you save your energy for barn raising and kicking ass...

Erik and and I made one last trip to the lumber yard and picked up a couple of pieces I needed to finish this project up as far as the building up and done. Then I took him out for breakfast so he didn't have to drive back to Kansas on a empty stomach. My wife, so impressed with what got done asked him to stay for a couple more days lol. I be lying if I said I wanted him to go home today, aside from all the work, its nice to be in the company of people like him. Its gonna take me a while to pay this favor back.

He text me about a hour ago, he made it to St. Louis. Drive safe buddy. Let me know when you reach home.

the drive home took an hour less than the drive out -- amazing what a lack of storms will do to your average speed. :)
it was a lot of work, but I had fun - thanks for the hospitality!

So, got a text at 5:30 A.M. from my buddy Johnny this morning wondering if I was ready to get started today. Who the hell starts framing a 5:30 in the morning. So I get up, open the door for him. First thing he does is goes the the bathroom and stinks up the whole south end of the house. Well played man. Well played. :thumbup:

Next time, tell him there's a nice CVS just up the road.

This is the storm door from the old window/wall of the shop into what will be the grinding room addition.

Erik and Todd discussing the finer points of post hole digging.

Teamwork, yeah!

Todd does it solo.

End of Day 1.

Day 2 started earlier than I figured, I was last to arrive. Even later than Jerry!

This guy finally found a reason to use an M-18.

Decking and roof is on.

Todd cooks like the woman he is.

We've got windows!

After all the real work was finished we moved on to what we do best, screwing around. Erik and Todd testing out a bottle opener Erik forged just minutes before.

Success!

A new toy.

Work resumes the next day.

Vik running the saw.

Beer break.

Magically, with the power of beer, we've got walls!

This man earned a growler or two.

Erik disappeared for a bit. Found him in the grinding room working on something...

He's "Vik'ing" an M-18!

That addition is really taking shape and looks great. I'm enjoying this thread and glad you guys have takin time for beer breaks.

Got the barn doors made and installed today, I can't take credit for this idea. Murph actually came up with it. I think its awesome, but I have to admit, it was a little more difficult than I thought it would be, especially hanging them by myself, but with a little trim work, I think there gonna be cool, there on both sides of the addition, they can be opened and allow a great breeze to come through.

Good work on the doors - you might consider adding some 2x2 c-channel to the door frame under the slider to keep the door from rattling on windy days.

Buddies, building, beers and knives! Looks like a great time.
Well done guys

I've been seeing some pics of this project elsewhere. Really cool to see you expand Tood, I'm liking the new shop there. Right now watching people do construction work mainly makes my fractured ribs hurt more, and reminds me that I still have a lot of work to do on the kitchen, but I am looking forward to seeing all the changes when I get up that way again!

The shop looks great. I really look forward to seeing the new grinding room up and running.

Dates of grand opening celebration? Beers Jerry D. will be bringing?

Back