Having a CRK be slightly off center, does it bother you?

I have a KnifeArt Sebenza 21 that is a hair off center. I was wondering the forums opinion on this matter, is perfect centering a make or break for you at the Chris Reeve price point?
pxIvqYh_d.webp

I have seen reports of this before, and it has been isolated like yours to those with the carbon fiber scale.

Reactions: Lay
I have seen reports of this before, and it has been isolated like yours to those with the carbon fiber scale.
I dont want to get too off topic, I was just curious as to what people thought about this in general, not on my specific knife.

Do people find off centered blades to be a deal breaker for CRK?

If it doesn't rub or affect it ability to open like a normal knife.. it wouldn't be as glaring of an issue as one would think.

This side would bug me. Means the Pivot is too loose or the knife is crooked. (lock pushes the blade over)

a hair off would not bug me. I am not sure I could even be sure it was truly off, and certainly wouldn't put in any effort to be sure.

I have a damascus 21 that sits slightly off center and it doesn’t bother me too much. I’ll eventually send it in since it has a little side to side play also and have it fixed.

In the picture, it is hard to tell how off center the blade is, as the knife is tilted.

8AB7B3A6-3ED3-4109-AD45-B1C3ECD54558.jpeg

Is there a way to get a pic that captures what you are seeing that is squared up?

No, it doesn’t bother me if one of my CRK’s is slightly off center. I’m not that anal about those types of things.
im sure I do have a couple that’s a hair off. Lock stick would bother me more.

In the 20 plus years I’ve been collecting CRK knives I’ve never owned one that was off center. That includes a few knife art carbon ones as well as some with aftermarket carbon and g10 scales.

Yes it would bother me, but luckily in maybe 20 or so knives has never presented itself.

Sometimes you have to consider the sharpening on the tip also when gauging centering. I have a Spyderco shaman that appears off center at first but then looking closer it’s not sharpened evenly on the tip, one edge bevel is larger which makes the very tip off center but if you extrapolated the actual blade grind to where the tip should be if it was evenly edged, well then it’s centered.

It would bother the hell out of me for the price of these knives.
The knife would go right back to CRK for a fix!

I like when some of these threads pop up! It makes me think about what I have. Then I dig out my knives and look cuz I Never even noticed!
Of mine , the only on slightly off is my 21. The others are 2001-2008 and on center.
So if I didn't notice ,it must not be an issue.

In the picture, it is hard to tell how off center the blade is, as the knife is tilted.

View attachment 1659968

Is there a way to get a pic that captures what you are seeing that is squared up?

gdD4Tah_d.webp

ylaD8Sj.jpeg

3IXdWIu.jpeg

This is the best I can do. It's not centered. I don't want this thread to be about this knife's particular centering, I've already contacted CRK and they said this is uncommon but they could fix it if I sent it in.

I more wanted this thread to be basically CRK enthusiasts thoughts on centering, does it matter to you or not? For me personally, I do like it to be centered.

Back