Hawaii Knife Life - daily use for work and play

Thanks Brother, we did have a fun holiday season! Can’t really remember New Year’s Eve much though hahaha! I hope you also had an enjoyable past few weeks!

Those pesky birds fly over the 9 foot fence and eat the sunflowers. Punishment will be swift. :)

Thank you BladeForums for making this happen.

It’s perfect!

View attachment 1036149 View attachment 1036151

Man I so love the never ending variety in this thread.

And I was gifted one for Christmas that I really like very much myself :)
20190103_210630.jpg

Glad to hear you had some good times over the holidays Molokai :thumbsup:. I look forward to more of those awesome knife pics coming in the year to come.

Yesterday while working, I noticed smoke near the farm. Apparently an errant cigarette started a brush fire about 150 yards from one of my crops.

Luckily the fire department responded quickly before it got out of hand.

I was scouting around the area and putting out errant smoldering coals this morning and carried the Cold Steel American Lawman is CTS XHP.

I love the steel choice but prefer the older models thicker scales. At any rate, it’s a well built knife that can take rough handling well.

2C96011E-888B-463E-8B56-BFE7C3F4D276.jpeg 5B3BA4B4-5F4B-4EA8-A5BF-53D156F40147.jpeg

I like to carry a slipjoint in tandem with a clipped folder everyday if possible.

Today I used the Case Muskrat in CV to scrape last seasons nursery sign stickers off. The thin and flexible blade works fantastic for getting under the DuraLabel.

I also was poking around a small planting of papaya trees to check for maturity. These would be suitable for cooking a dish called Chicken Papaya.

03A2F9D1-2CEB-44F1-BC49-ACE5A01E0C0B.jpeg. 307E7A2C-4F04-474E-A0AB-C64BB402EA83.jpeg

I like to carry a slipjoint in tandem with a clipped folder everyday if possible.

Today I used the Case Muskrat in CV to scrape last seasons nursery sign stickers off. The thin and flexible blade works fantastic for getting under the DuraLabel.

I also was poking around a small planting of papaya trees to check for maturity. These would be suitable for cooking a dish called Chicken Papaya.

View attachment 1048473. View attachment 1048474
love papayas. looks good and nice case muskrat there, Sir as well. Ive tried growing them many times here but white flies devastate them each and every time. finally gave up. y'all have issues with these flies?

love papayas. looks good and nice case muskrat there, Sir as well. Ive tried growing them many times here but white flies devastate them each and every time. finally gave up. y'all have issues with these flies?

In regards to white flies, we’ve been pretty lucky and don’t see any major crop damage.

There are chemicals you could use, but I just try to pick early before ripening.

Mowing down some of my border/buffer and weed overgrowth to increase air flow through a nursery.

I carried the CTS BD1 Manix 2 LW. I chose this folder since it’s very corrosion resistant and light. After cutting down the buffer I have to dig up the drip line and shorten it to save water and fertilizer. The Manix gets cleaned off with hard water and still shows no corrosion or staining.

D5E04CBA-026B-4CC0-A481-40F623259F41.jpeg 642FD6B4-176B-4765-8468-3579DB484648.jpeg

Is there a season on those turkeys or can you claim crop damage/open season? Here in Ct you only have to prove 2500$ in damage to get an open permit for deer. Several of my farmer friends in the NW corner have them and call me in the fall to see if I want a couple. They're allowed to give them away.--KV

Is there a season on those turkeys or can you claim crop damage/open season? Here in Ct you only have to prove 2500$ in damage to get an open permit for deer. Several of my farmer friends in the NW corner have them and call me in the fall to see if I want a couple. They're allowed to give them away.--KV

Hello K kvaughn and thanks for commenting.

We did apply and receive a permit for deer, turkey, and birds on the farm. We usually spotlight the deer at night to be more efficient. We are trying to get the farm completed surrounded by a 9 foot deer fence (need to save up a little more cash to purchase materials).

Back